Chapter 2 : De-nile is a river in Egypt.

December 27th
Taehyung POV

What on earth was I thinking? I was touching my lips and replaying the moment over and over again. I shouldn't do that; we're just friends.

But then Jungkook kissed me. What was he thinking? Even a kiss on the cheeks is weird when it's between best friends, but he kissed me on the lips.

I couldn't sleep the whole night; my mind was consumed by thoughts of our kiss. Suddenly, the alarm beeped, interrupting my train of thought.

I realized it was 5 in the morning. I closed my eyes, hoping to fall back asleep, but after a few hours, a knock startled me awake.

"Mr. Kim, may I come in?" It was Gabriella. I mumbled affirmatively, and she entered the room.

"Rise and shine, Mr. Kim. It's time to go to school." she said, opening the curtains and letting sunlight flood the room.

"I don't think I'll be able to go; I feel sick." I replied, covering my face with a blanket and trying not to sound suspicious. She turned to me, looking confused.

"Really? Let me check." She pulled the blanket away and took my temperature. "It's normal, Mr. Kim."

"Well, it takes some time for a temperature to rise; I can still feel the symptoms." I claimed, faking a sick expression.

"When did you even get sick? You don't even go out." she pointed out, frowning.

"What? It's snowing... the weather is cold, so I just... got sick." I explained lamely.

"I'm sorry, but you look perfectly fine. You have to go to school." she said firmly, holding my hand and pulling me out of bed. "Now freshen up; your parents are downstairs eating breakfast." she added with a smile.

"Like I care." I scoffed, heading to the bathroom.

After getting dressed, I went downstairs. My parents were having their usual business discussion. Soohee - Yoongi's sister - was sitting on the couch, sipping her coffee. I ignored them and was about to leave when...

"Good morning." Soohee greeted from behind, taking a sip of her drink.

"What's so good about this morning?" I said, more like screamed, catching the attention of my parents.

"Whoa, what's wrong with you?" She laughed, unperturbed, as she continued drinking her coffee.

"Leave him be, looks like he's got a splinter up his ass." Yoongi chimed in from behind.

"Yes, and that splinter is you both!" I shouted.

"No more arguing. Don't you know the rules?" My dad said calmly but firmly, silencing all of us.

"Taehyung, are you okay, baby?" My stepmother asked, coming towards me.

"I'm alright." I replied. She wouldn't care if I died. I hate two-faced bitches.

"You look all grown up. Did you like the gifts I sent you?" She gently touched my hair, but I brushed her hand away.

I hadn't even bothered to open the gifts because my dad thinks it's okay to send me presents without spending any time with me, when it's not.

"Yes." I simply replied, leaving her confused about whether I liked the gifts or not.

"And what do you say when someone fulfills your immature demands?" she smiled cunningly. God, I hate her.

"I am not a kid, and thanks for getting me the craps and that stupid note cause coming by yourself to wish me would have turned yours and dad's world upside down. and my demands ? I just wanted my dad here and nothing else but how can i forget that he's a puppet of yours." I shouted and servants stopped to take a look at the drama.