Chapter 21 : Now or Never.

Taehyung POV

My heart skipped a beat when Jungkook casually announced to the entire class that I have the ability to sing.

Of all the times, he had to reveal this secret talent of mine just as I was already on the verge of panicking over the upcoming stage play.

I wanted to stop him, to plead with him to keep quiet, but it was too late. Ms jiyeon, our drama teacher, and the rest of the students turned their eyes towards me, brimming with hopeful anticipation.

"You...you can sing?" Ms jiyeon's voice quivered with surprise.

"No...shut up, Jungkook!" I hissed, attempting to pinch some sense into him, but he remained unfazed.

"He's being modest. This guy sings like a dream. In fact, he even won an award for it. He's going to be a singer indeed." Jungkook beamed, leaving me choking on my own saliva.

"Alright then, please sing, Taehyung. We have no other choice now. You're our only hope." pleaded Ms jiyeon, her voice tinged with desperation.

"Just give me a minute." I mumbled, dragging Jungkook aside to a secluded corner.

"Are you out of your mind, Jungkook? Why the fuck did you do that? I'm already losing my mind with this play, and now singing too. You know my parents don't support my my singing." I glared at him, frustration seeping through.

"Yeah, I know, but that doesn't change the fact that you have an incredible voice. Maybe your parents will reconsider once they see how much people adore your singing. You have to do this." he earnestly reasoned.

As we retreated from our conversation, Ms jiyeon approached us, breaking our hushed moment.

"So, what do you say?" she asked, her voice trembling with anticipation.

"I'm going to do it." I replied, feeling a surge of determination ripple through me. The smiles that followed, including Jungkook's, only further solidified my decision.

*****
Yumi gracefully enacted her part on stage while I observed her from behind the curtains, patiently awaiting my turn. Jungkook stood alongside me.

"Her acting is exceptional." he read my mind.

"Yeah, she's far better than me. I'm not even used to her touch. It will feel uncomfortable." I confessed, realizing my turn was about to come.

"Try to imagine her as me." whispered Jungkook, his words reassuring before I stepped onto the stage.

And so the play began...

It was the scene where Romeo first encountered Juliet. Yumi stood next to me, and as the lights dimmed, casting an ethereal spotlight on us, my heart raced in anticipation.

"If I, with my unworthiest hand, dare to touch this sacred shrine, the delicate fine shall be this: my lips, two blushing pilgrims, poised to soften that gentle touch with a tender press." I portrayed my character with fervor, gaze fixed on Yumi, brimming with love and adoration.

Of course, it was all just acting. I couldn't help but feel anger, an irrational desire to punch that blush right off her face.

Because then why does it look like she's actually blushing ?

"Ah, dear pilgrim, you wrong your delicate hand, bestowing such excessive attention upon it. Such modest devotion is revealed in this act, where palm to palm is akin to a sacred pilgrim's kiss. But pilgrim, lips were crafted not for idle touch, but for fervent prayer." She gracefully turned away from me, a subtle invitation for more.