Chapter 19 : The Realisation.

January 23th
Taehyung POV

I woke up, got dressed, and was ready for school. As I left my room, I heard voices arguing. The sounds were coming from my dad's room. Curious, I approached his room and tried to eavesdrop.

"Did you declined my card ?" Martha yelled at dad.

"Yes, I did." Dad replied calmly.

"But now how am I going to pay for the things I just bought?" She looked at him with disbelief.

"Use your own money, I would suggest." Dad put on his coat.

"Why would you do that?" She sounded like she was about to cry.

"Because you can't slap my only child. He's really sensitive." he answered sternly. She brushed her hand through her hair, visibly annoyed.

"I'm exhausted from taking care of your kid. I've tried everything in my power to make him love me, but he just doesn't. After raising him for nine years, he won't even talk to me for nine minutes. I feel like I'm constantly running after him like a dog on a leash. Marrying you has made my life a living hell." she cried.

I knew she wouldn't divorce my dad though. She married him only for his money. The age difference between her and my father is embarrassing. She's such a gold digger.

I didn't hear anything more and left for school.

*****
I sat on the table with Jimin, while Hoseok and Jimin sat across from me. I found myself in a difficult situation as they began bombarding me with questions about my relationship with Jungkook.

"He's been flirting with you for over a week now." Hoseok said while knitting. Sewing was one of his many talents, inherited from his mom.

"Guys, he's just teasing me." I said, attempting to dismiss their suspicions.

"But Jungkook said he kissed you. Isn't that more than just teasing?" Jimin asked.

"Seriously? I've told you it wasn't a kiss. Our lips accidentally touched when he got too close." I explained, trying to ignore their skeptical stares.

"Are you keeping something from us? Did he confess that he loves you?" Hoseok questioned, narrowing his gaze.

"Okay, fine. He actually did." I confessed, causing both of them to gasp.

"What did he say? He told me he loves you too, but I thought he was lying." Hoseok asked, his fingers tightly gripping the wool.

"Did he do anything 18+ with you?" Jimin inquired.

"Shut up jimin. He just... expressed his love for me genuinely. He didn't force me into anything." I replied, hoping to silence their probing questions.

"That's what real love is. The person who truly loves you will never hurt you, and those who hurt you never loved you." Hoseok said cutting the thread with his teeth after chewing on it.

"So, what did you say to him?" Jimin pressed on.

"Nothing. I'm not sure how I feel about him." I shrugged, feeling uncertain.

"Seriously bitch ? Even after being with him for over a year?" Jimin scoffed.

"Yeah, are you that clueless?" Hoseok agreed.

"Don't both of you yell at me! You guys know nothing about love. It's complicated... I never thought of him in that way." I yelled back at them.

"Calm down. I get it. But how do you feel about him?" Hoseok calmly asked.

"I just... When he's around, I feel happy, and when he's not, I feel sad. When he looks at me, time seems to stand still, and when he gets closer, my heart races. But it's normal, right? It happens with close friends." I claimed, and both of them looked utterly shocked.