Chapter 5 : Are we Friends ?

December 28th
Taehyung POV

I found myself physically present in the classroom, flipping through the pages of a book while my mind drifted into elsewhere.

To make matters worse, my friends Jimin and Hoseok were absent from school today. Their absence only helped the dullness, making me bored as hell.

The truth is, my days have been very boring lately because I've been intentionally ignoring Jungkook. We used to talk everyday, but now i can't even look at him the same way because he kissed me.

Just thinking about it fills me with a mix of embarrassment and awkwardness. Jungkook may be gay, but I am surely not. That's a fact I am sure about.

If he continues to flirt with me, I might have to break our friendship.

However, the irony is that despite my frustration, I can't imagine my life without him. He's been my friend for so long. It's just that I've never felt this angry with him before.

If only he hadn't gave me stupid kiss, our friendship wouldn't be this complicated.

Now, whenever I see him, shivers running down my spine, cheeks redden with embarrassment, and my heart seems to race at twice its normal pace.

I still can't forget about that kiss. I fear it will haunt me forever.

Who could have thought that my best friend would plant a kiss on my lips on my birthday ?

But he kisses so well. His girlfriend must be really lucky.

As the class finally came to an end, it was lunchtime. I wanted to go and see Jungkook too but i feared he'd misunderstand my intentions and think that i am interested in him.

With a heavy sigh, I rose from my desk, about to leave, when I suddenly felt a pair of heavy hands grabbing me. I quickly turned my head, expecting to see Jungkook, only to discover that it's his friends, Jin and Namjoon.

They both smirked at me. I shot them a glare filled with annoyance.

"Hello, Taehyungie." Jin smirked, casually draping his arm around my neck.

"What do you guys want?" I cutted straight to the chase, sensing that they have some ulterior motive.

"Oh, come on. Can't we drop by and visit our cute friend now ?" Namjoon teased pinching my cheeks.

Something felt off. Their overly friendly behaviour can only mean they have some hidden agenda. There's no way they're simply here for a casual chat. I know that Jungkook's friends are just like him.

I gazed around to see, searching for any sign of Jungkook, but there was no trace of him. He didn't show up. I should be happy about it since I was ignoring him, but I was disappointed.

"Are you sad because Jungkook isn't here?" Namjoon smirked, as if he can read my thoughts.

"No." I retorted curtly, keeping my answer short.

"He's busy with a pretty girl. The two of them are working on a project together." Namjoon said, his tone laced with tease.

"Who wants to know ?" I snapped back, trying to shrug off thier hands.

"Very well then." Namjoon smirked again. "Just thought you might be interested."

"Did Jungkook sent you both here to spy on me ?" I thought Jungkook sent them here. But they deny it almost immediately, speaking in perfect sync..

"What? No way! Jungkook wouldn't go that far." They both protested.

"Don't think of us just as Jungkook's friends. We're your friends too." Jin said, his eyes shimmering with a glimmer of sincerity.