Chapter 16 : Protecting my love.

January 19th
Taehyung POV

I quickly dialed our school's principal phone number, which was printed on our student IDs. To my relief, he answered.

"Hello, I'm Taehyung, the son of Kim Dae-seong." I introduced myself hurriedly.

["Yes, we were just discussing about you.] replied the principal, his voice coming through the phone.

"Listen, Jungkook didn't do anything wrong. I forced him to join me to play snowball fight, but he clearly refused. It's not his fault, so please don't punish him or involve his parents." I blurted out, trying to explain the situation as quickly as possible.

I had lied, but I couldn't let Jungkook bear the brunt of the blame when I was equally at fault. I hoped they wouldn't embarrass him in front of his parents;

I knew how awful it feels to be humiliated in front of the entire class.

["Alright, calm down. However, if it's your fault, then I'll need to have a talk with your father."] the principal replied, his tone firm.

"Yes, absolutely." I responded before hanging up.

Jungkook's POV

Principal Kang was about to say something when a call interrupted him. He picked it up calmly, leaving me curious about the other end of the conversation.

"Just let us get home, and you won't be having dinner tonight." Mom muttered angrily, not letting me hear what Principal Kang was saying.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I promise I'll never do it again. Please, Dad, help me here." I pleaded, shocked at the thought of going hungry for the night.

My mom glared at me, seething with anger, while my dad laughed softly, attempting to calm her down.

"Well, it seems it wasn't his fault after all. This other boy, Taehyung, apparently forced him into joining. So, this time, I'll let your son off with a warning. Consider it his last chance." Principal Kang explained, which left me puzzled.

When did Taehyung force me ?

A smile came up on my face as i realized what happened. I sighed and thanked taehyung in my heart.

Taehyung's POV

I was in the middle of my French language lesson, with my tutor sitting in the study room with me. Learning French is an absolute headache-every damn word sounds and looks the same!

"Excellent! You've learned how to form sentences. Now, try writing a short paragraph on any topic." The tutor encouraged.

"But on what?" I asked, feeling a tad uninspired.

"Anything... like 'love." he suggested, sparking a smile on my face.

Writing a paragraph on love in french. How romantic !

"I need to use the restroom. Keep writing until I return." He excused himself.

I closed my eyes, thinking about love, and in my mind and all i could see was Jungkook. When I opened my eyes, he was still standing there, almost as if it were some illusion.

Can't wrap my head around it. I'm such a heavy daydreamer. I shouldn't let my thoughts wander so much, especially when it comes to Jungkook.

"Hey there," Jungkook greeted me, catching me off guard.

"You're really here?" I asked, rising from my seat. I couldn't differentiate whether this was real or just my imagination playing tricks on me.

"What did you think?" he replied, flashing a playful smile.