Chapter Forty-Three

Calvin Fischer

Calvin Fischer

I celebrated with Alistair for quite a long time. It's not everyday that someone managed to avoid losing their fortune in such an outrageous way. I did have my doubts, considering the fact that Alistair hadn't taken action for the longest time.

However, from what Meredith would later explain to me, his plan needed stalling. Alistair needed a few more things to collect, but also needed Ronald to feel on edge and eventually sigh in relief when Alistair gave in.

That is how he was able to deal such a hard blow and so quickly. By formulating a plan based on time, he was able to do what the council did to him, which was to strike quickly and deadly.

Alistair kept the information about his case against his ex on the low. He claimed that I needed to focus on my problem with my ex. Even though he said that our own problems with a combined factor, he didn't want to bore me with the legal talk that would most likely make me tired.

I had to make a statement regarding my ex. When I saw the evidence against him, I saw that it was all orchestrated by Ronald, Regina, and Terry. This confirmed my theory I had a while back: This whole ordeal was connected.

While I waited for the results of Terry, who tried to get me to forgive him, I waited for the upcoming trial regarding Alistair's exes. He already managed to get one of the exes to drop her case. But there were still more.

He had asked me to come to the trial for moral support. I sat at the front of the audience and watched the lengthy trial go on.

Alistair was right: This is making me bored. But the exes gave their testimonies. I tuned most of them out. They all had sob stories about how they were financially taken advantage of.

The one that I actually heard was Regina's. She claimed that after her breakup with Alistair, her sales from her clothing brand dipped 3%. She also claimed that during her relationship, she had designed a few items that were then used for Alistair's own clothing line.

I think the most entertaining part was Alistair's lawyer showing the courtroom a drawing book that Regina had left after their breakup. In the drawing book, which contained a few items that she designed, were the ones that Regina claimed were stolen.

However, the designs were far off from how Alistair made his own. It was like watching someone say that a banana stole its design from an apple, it was incredible. Not to mention, that fact that this whole thing was a part of an elaborate scheme to cause the downfall of Alistair did not help either of their cases.

So, it was no surprise when the jury returned with a verdict that the exes were not entitled to compensation. While I knew that Alistair would be cleared, it was just nice to hear it out loud.

As for Terry Ghering, he was eventually charged with exposing my pictures. I was given the chance to see him, but I refused to allow him to see my face one final time before he was sent away.