Chapter Twenty-One

Alistair McClair

Alistair McClair

The next morning, I woke up to a strange sensation on my body. It was a foreign feeling. It was warm, and made me struggle to breathe.

When I looked down, that's when I saw that it was Calvin hugging me. His face was planted between my pecs. His messy brown hair was sticking in every direction on his head. The breath that escaped his lips warmed onto my chest.

"Calvin..." I whispered to him. I placed my hand on his head and lightly shook him.

"Go away..." He muttered. He turned around. As soon as he did, the warmth in my chest was gone.

"Wake up. We're leaving today." I said. He didn't say anything. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth and did my morning routine.

While looking at myself in the mirror, I saw my neck covered in weird marks. From what I've seen in movies and on Kostas, these are called hickeys. And this is my first time ever having them. I wasn't sure if they were permanent, though I don't think they are.

Back in the room, Calvin was still sound asleep. I went to his side of the bed and looked at him. He was sound asleep. The sun shone on his face angelically. I touched his face and felt a stubble that he hadn't shaved.

It wouldn't be a sin for me to call him beautiful. Or handsome. Truly, Calvin is a beautiful person, inside and out. It only took me over a month of us dating for me to see that.

Then the question came into my head. There's no way I can claim to still be straight. When I think about it, women never turned me on. And from what I've gathered from the past few weeks, only men– Calvin– turn me on.

I exited the room and looked down at the front of the door. There was a wrapped item with the tag addressed to me. I picked it up and examined it. The package was the book I bought for Calvin the night before.

"Calvin. Look what arrived." I announced as I re-entered the room. Calvin turned around and slowly sat up in bed.

His eyes were slightly opened. His hair was even more messy sitting up. But through it, he still managed to remain handsome as ever.

"Huh?" He asked. I reiterated what I just said, while holding out the package.

"It's for you." I said. He got the package and looked up at me. "Open it." I told him. He unwrapped the brown paper and saw the book.

A wide smile came on his face. "It's amazing!" He said. He looked up at me and almost jumped off the bed. He rushed off the bed and walked to me, giving me a tight hug. "Thank you!" He squealed.

He looked up and wanted to kiss me, but he stopped himself.

"Everything okay?" I asked. "You know you can kiss me now, right?"