Chapter Forty-Two

Alistair McClair

Alistair McClair

"Hello?"

I said, "Good morning, Malik Waters. I trust that my case is going through smoothly."

"It's going great," He replied. "Don't forget, I have a great track record when it comes to winning cases."

"I know. I heard about your defense at the Capitol. But this isn't some espionage case, I've just got some jealous exes." I said. It wasn't difficult to get one of the best lawyers for my case. And my legal department has been working with Mr. Waters to draft some proposals.

"And thus you called me," I could hear the smugness in his voice. "Don't worry, Alistair McClair. I'll get your exes in a row. You, on the other hand, should focus on the Roman senate who just stabbed their Julius in the back."

"Don't you worry," I said, hanging up the phone. I checked the time, it read 10:37. "Meredith!" I called my assistant. She entered the office quickly.

"Something wrong?" She asked.

"This clock, it's strange. Order me a new one. Maybe one of these old looking Victorian clocks, like Mr. Peter Endicot had in his office at London." I told her. She gave me a weird glance, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Uh, do you want me to send it to your parent's house or..."

"Are you joking, send it to the office." I said. Meredith stuttered something but typed it on her tablet.

"Is that all?" She asked. I called over, commanding her to sit on a chair. I then turned my computer over to show her something.

"You think this house is big enough?" I asked her. She glanced at the screen, looking at the house listing that I clicked on.

"Are you going to buy a house?"

"Yes, I am." I replied. "I realized that, while the apartment is great and all, I need a place to go on the weekends that isn't in the city. A more quiet and remote area so I could actually live and not feel like an employee 24/7."

Meredith squinted her eyes and leaned closer to the screen. I handed her the mouse and she began to click on the different pictures.

"There's a pond." She mentioned.

"Calvin liked the pond in Chamberlain's house. It would be nice for him to have one he could see."

Her face became red. "So, you're saying that Calvin has some sort of input in your new home?"

I turned the computer back around and looked at the large home I was interested in getting.

"He does. Calvin mentioned a while back that he gets motion sickness from constantly living up here. Getting this house will make him more comfortable when he's with me." I looked at her, Meredith having a large smile on her face.