Chapter Thirty-Eight

Alistair McClair

Alistair McClair

If it wasn't for the janitor, I wouldn't have known about the emergency meeting that Ronald called. But I was able to make it in and listen to what they had to say. And their conversation only fueled my anger, but also confirmed something I had been suspecting:

There was indeed a coup in my company.

After the board voted to oust me from my spot, that's when I saw the TMZ article about Calvin. When I saw Calvin worried for me, I wanted nothing more than to hug him and hold his hand. However, the previous meeting had left me shell-shocked.

And the situation was made worse by the class action lawsuit, brought forth by 7 exes. According to the lawsuit, they're all looking for compensation and emotional damage from dating me.

In my opinion, that's an absurd reason to sue someone. But nowadays, you can sue anyone for anything.

In my office, we all met up as we began to discuss what we were going to do.

"First, we'll need to tackle Calvin's problem." I said.

"No way!" Calvin retorted. "My pictures are already out there. It makes no point to focus on a problem that's already happened. For now, we should focus on the fact that you're about to lose the company you built."

Meredith gave me a look. "He's right, Alistair. Is there anything we can do?" She asked.

Kostas scanned through a book. "According to the bylaws, a change in CEO will be set in stone after the end of a fiscal quarter. And the end of the quarter is June 30, so 12 days from now."

"Is there anything about kicking the board of directors in the balls..." Calvin muttered.

"For now, you and the next CEO will have to come to an agreement regarding the passing of the torch. I reckon that Ronald already has one prepared, considering how quickly he and others were able to do a vote." Kostas went on to explain.

"This- This is good." I said.

Everyone looked at me like I was insane.

"If I'm able to stall on the agreement, then the change won't go into effect. Unless they're able to get me deposed for another reason, such as harming the company's reputation." I explained.

"The nudes leak," Calvin said. "My nudes being leaked could damage the reputation of you, and in turn, the company. Not to mention, the lawsuit happening now. Call me crazy, but this all seems coordinated." He explained.

"There definitely seems to be some connection with them all." I replied.

"Do you think Ronald, Regina, and Terry got together and concocted this plan to get back at you guys?" Meredith suggested.

Kostas firmly closed the bylaws books he was reading. "I wouldn't put it past them. It would take a lot of effort, but not impossible for them to do such a thing. Who are the exes that are suing you?"