Chapter Twenty-Four

Calvin Fischer

Calvin Fischer

Before I got on this couch, ready for my interview, I was taught a few things by Meredith. She went over the basics, such as sitting confidently, making sure to have a pleasant smile, not talking about politics or any controversial topics, and so forth.

The woman who was interviewing sat across from me and had the makeup team giving her some last minute touches. She then shooed them away as a person behind a camera counted down to zero.

The woman began to speak to a camera, introducing herself and then me as a special guest. It was my turn to introduce myself.

"Thank you for having me on tonight." I said.

"You're quite the talk online, Mr. Fischer."

I chuckled. "Yes, I've seen the posts and articles about me."

"People have many questions,"

"And I have the answers to hopefully all of them." I interjected.

"First off, you first made headlines when Alistair announced his relationship to you. Do you feel like there's any pressure regarding the fact that you're not just Alistair's 100th partner, but his first boyfriend?" She asked.

"Oh, definitely. Being his 100th match sort of makes me want to be a great partner. And being his first boyfriend just adds onto that level. At some points, I wonder if I'm doing a good job."

"Has Alistair assured you of any of your worries?"

"Many times. He's never said it. But the ways that Alistair has sometimes looked at me with admiration, or the times when he'll send me random texts throughout his day, they assure me that he feels a close connection to me." I said.

The interviewer leaned a bit forward. "You work in the arts. I know that you've sold a few paintings. Any special works coming out soon?" She asked.

"Well, I'm working on a few pieces at the moment. I don't want to give too much away, because they're private commissions. But all I will say is that they're quite sentimental."

"Are any of them for Alistair?" She asked with a hint of curiosity on her face.

"Uh, yes. He specifically asked for one."

She sat back in her seat. "You and Alistair seem to be getting along greatly. Reports from Clarence Chamberlain's party have stated that the two of you were rather close, and he even bought an auctioned item. Was this auctioned item for you?" She asked.

"Indeed. I expressed interest in the book that was being sold. And next thing I knew, he was bidding on it, double from the previous highest bidder. It was probably his first gift to me."

"Do you have any plans to repay Alistair?"

I sighed. "I'm in the works for something. I don't have the luxury to be able to buy whatever I want. But I am an artist, and I hope that I'll be able to come up with something that will mean a lot to Alistair."