Chapter Thirty

Calvin Fischer

Calvin Fischer

“Ali!” A person yelled. I turned to the front door, where a woman was standing there with a huge smile on her face. 

Upon hearing the woman, Alistair turned to her and almost ran to her.

“Mom!” Alistair replied back.

Mom? Is this Alistair’s mom? This whole day, I’ve been hearing stories about Alistair’s parents. Am I going to finally meet them for the first time?

Alistair and his mom met each other on the porch, hugging one another. I stepped a bit closer to get a better view. 

It was absolutely incredible. Alistair McClair, businessman who is feared by many and is known for his stoic face, is here hugging his mother. Despite him being much taller than her, he looked like a child, clutching on his mom. 

Alistair’s mom brought his face down and placed a few kisses on his face. “How’s my sweet boy?” She asked him. 

I couldn’t see Alistair’s face from where I was standing, but his neck was slightly red. 

“Good. I’ve missed you.” Alistair replied. The two shared a few more pleasantries, until Alistair pulled away from his mom and turned to me. “Come.” He waved me over. 

I walked over to them. I could finally get a good look at the woman. She was the striking image of Alistair, but a female version. She has his jet-black hair, but slightly lighter with gray strikes. She also had his icy blue eyes. 

“Calvin, meet my mom.” Alistair said, bearing the widest smile he’s ever displayed. 

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. McClair.” I stuck out my hand. 

“Just call me Jocelyn. Mrs. McClair sounds like I’m an old lady.” She said. She hugged me and was quick to point out the color of my eyes. “They really are different colors.” She remarked. 

“That’s one of my favorite parts about him.” Alistair interjected.

“Come inside! It’s going to start raining soon.” Jocelyn said. She was quick to open the door. Alistair grabbed my hand and led me inside. 

The inside of the house was quite warm. The furniture was a sign that this place was lived in for several years. The thing that caught my eye was a wall, just above a fireplace, that had several framed photos of Alistair. Dozens showed pictures of Alistair receiving awards or meeting influential people. 

“Don’t look at those.” Alistair said, coming up from behind me.

“Leave him be, Ali. Calvin probably thinks that you’re adorable.” Jocelyn said. I stared at a photo that showed a younger Alistair. He didn’t have stubble, and his hair was slightly shorter. And I think his suit was too short for him.