Chapter Thirty-Seven

bonus chapter for hitting 1,000 followers! thank you all so much. whether you're a reader & follower, just a reader, have read only one or more of my stories, thank you!

 whether you're a reader & follower, just a reader, have read only one or more of my stories, thank you!

Calvin Fischer

Something tight was hugging me and grasping the air out of me. As I opened my eyes, the first thing I felt was slight pain and exhaustion. But then I saw Alistair McClair, looking down at me with eyes full of admiration.

"Good-" He placed his finger on my mouth to shush me.

"I love you!" He blurted out. I titled my head in confusion.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Sorry, I just wanted that to be the first thing either of us will hear when we wake up." He replied. "Come on, I'm making us breakfast."

I sat for a few seconds, flabbergasted at such a spontaneous and endearing thing he said. I've seen many men do this, even my dad. They'll say the most sapphic and romantic thing ever and act like that just didn't happen.

Alistair had put on a robe and walked to my side. "I read that after receiving it, it'll hurt. So I'm going to carry you for the rest of the day." His words were so caring. So of course, I let him pick me up and take me to the bathroom.

From there, he helped me brush my teeth and even cleaned me up. Between every minute, he would sneak in a kiss on any part of my body.

Alistair sat me on one of the seats at the island so I could watch him cook. I was joined alongside Luna, as she let me pet her softly.

"Thank you for being brave in showing me your scar." I said. He turned around and passed me a mug of coffee.

"I really wasn't sure how you were going to react. I thought you would've been grossed out or not wanted to sleep with me anymore."

I held out my hands for him to come over and hug me. "I'll still love you, no matter what. As long as you love me, everything between us will never change."

Alistair kissed me on the cheek.

"So now that I'm more open about my scar, would you like me to remove this?" He asked, signaling to his shirt. I was quick to pull off his shirt and set it aside.

"There. Now you're a proper sexy man." I said. I traced his scar gently. "Do you smell something burning?" I said, sniffing the air.

Alistair quickly ran to the stove and removed a charred pancake.

"First batch is always the worst one." He said.

"Take your time," I reclined in my seat. "I'm enjoying the view."

He made breakfast and joined next to me to eat. He tried to feed me, multiple times, but had to get him to stop being so touchy. It wasn't until we were sitting on the couch when I asked him why he was being so affectionate.