Chapter Thirteen

Calvin Fischer

Calvin Fischer

There was a loud ringing noise that I was hearing, its sound slowly beginning to wake me up. As I reached my hand over, I felt around with my hand and found my phone. Still groggy from just waking up, I saw that my mom was calling me.

"Hello?" I muttered. I placed my arm over my eyes to shield it from the sun coming in through the window.

"Calvin! I've been calling you for 5 minutes! Why didn't you answer?" Mom quickly said.

"I was asleep." I replied.

"Did you drink too much again? Gosh." I heard her huff. "Are you okay? I saw on the news that your street is flooded."

"Flooded?" I asked. I don't remember much from last night. I remembered drinking, and then stumbling out of the club. It was raining, I think.

"Calvin. Are you going to be fine?" She asked.

"Mhm. Yeah. Gotta go." I quickly said goodbye to her and hung up. I checked on my recent calls and saw that I had called Alistair in the middle of the night.

That's when something hit: My blankets are not this soft. My hands began to feel around the bed. Not only were these blankets and pillows much softer, they also weren't mine. Was I kidnapped last night?

The bright window that was blinding me looked suspicious. As I got off the bed and checked the outside, I quickly jumped back, seeing that I was high above ground. So, I was kidnapped by a person with hella good sheets and lives in a tall building.

I scanned the room I was in. It was spacious, bigger than half of my apartment. The room was nicely decorated to feel like a home. I also noticed that I wasn't in my clothes from last night. Instead, I was in a basic t-shirt and some joggers, which were a few sizes too big.

My clothes were on a nearby chair, neatly folded up. Next to them was a pair of slippers. I slipped them on and decided to try and leave the room. Luckily, my kidnapper seemed to have left the door unlocked.

I exited into the hallway and walked down slowly. Then I heard the sound of a door opening next to me. A figure stepped out and I quickly jumped back.

"Jesus!" I yelled. A tall figure walked out wearing a weird, thick blue mask. The man wore a tight fitting shirt and some sweats. I took in their beautiful stature. I have no idea who he is, but I'm down bad.

The man muttered something.

"What?" I asked, still slowly walking backwards.

The man then removed his mask. It was Alistair.

"Good morning." He said. A sense of relief washed over me, as I now knew that I wasn't kidnapped last night. I most likely called him last night and he came over to rescue me.

"Good morning." I replied. He was still holding onto the blue mask contraption. "What's that?" I asked.

"Ice mask. I'm icing my face." He said.