Chapter Twenty-Seven

Calvin Fischer

Calvin Fischer

“Guys! Meredith just said that they’re on their way!” I announced it to Kostas and Evelyn. We turned off the lights and hid behind the couch. Luckily, I thought ahead and brought a toy to distract Luna, so she doesn’t give away our location.

“Stop pinching my ass!” Evelyn said to me. 

“Sorry.” I replied back. The door to Alistair’s apartment opened. We could vaguely make out the conversation between Alistair and Meredith. 

As soon as he turned on the lights, the three of us jumped from behind the couch and yelled “Surprise!”. Meredith threw a handful of confetti, while the others popped a confetti cannon. This causes Luna to get scared and scratch Kostas’ legs.

I’m pretty sure Luna doesn’t like him.

Alistair had a surprised look on his face. For a moment, I thought he was going to be upset. But instead, a smile came on his face. 

“This is amazing…” He said. 

“Thanks. We spent two hours on it.” I replied. He scanned the living room, which was covered in streamers and ribbons. I didn’t know Alistair’s favorite color, so I just assumed blue and white because that’s the color scheme of his cat. 

“This is truly amazing, and very thoughtful.” Alistair kissed me on the forehead. 

“Well, come over here and get your birthday hat on!” Meredith instructed him to sit in a decorated chair, designed for him. She placed one of those cone hats on him. 

“I’ll get the food!” Kostas said. Evelyn got the drinks. 

Before we ate, there was a knock on the door. I opened it and saw two women standing there. One of them had jet long jet black hair and brown, almost black, eyes. The other woman had short strawberry blonde hair, and her eyes were green. 

“Uh, you two are…” I said. I noticed they had gifts in their hands.

“Rima.” The jet black haired woman said. 

“And Shelia.” Strawberry blonde woman said. 

“Right!” I opened the door and stepped inside.”Come in. We’re about to have pizza.” The two walked in and placed the gifts on the front table. 

Alistair saw who walked in and came over. He greeted them both, giving them two kisses on the cheek. Kostas and Meredith also greeted them. It was like they were close friends. 

We all sat at the table. We ate pizza, though Alistair used a knife and fork to eat it which caused a few minutes of us poking fun at him. 

After lunch, everyone lazed around the living room. I left Meredith and Evelyn to greet the two new guests.

“Hello.” I told the two ladies. 

“Sorry we were late,” Shelia said. “Our plane landed late and traffic was heavy.” She then added.