Chapter Twenty-Six

Alistair McClair

Alistair McClair

As soon as I rang the doorbell, Calvin opened the door and smiled at me.

"You made it!" He eagerly said, a small blush forming on his face.

"Of course I did." I replied. Calvin stepped aside, allowing for me to enter. Before I could get into the actual house, he instructed me to remove my shoes at the front door. I still obliged.

Afterall, I'm not too keen on wearing shoes indoors. I've always either worn slippers or socks around my home.

As I entered, I was hit with a smell of something cooking, possibly a meat dish. Soft music was coming from somewhere, but I couldn't tell from where. Some footsteps approached from a hallway to my left.

"Welcome." A woman announced as she walked into the living room. She reminded me almost of Calvin. She had black hair instead, and her nose was slightly bigger.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I nervously said. I held out the bouquet of flowers I had brought. She gladly accepted them and offered me something to drink, to which I asked for just water.

Calvin's mother introduced herself as Chloe Fischer Granados. But she insisted I call her Chloe. Calvin and I sat on one of the couches. The buoyancy and softness of it reminded me of... home.

"Dinner'll be ready in a moment! You two just relax!" Chloe shouted from the kitchen.

"You're doing good," Calvin whispered to me. "All you need to do now is meet my dad..." As soon as he said those, I heard some footsteps coming to the living room, from the same hallways Chloe came from.

Appearing from the hallway was a burly man, slightly taller than Calvin. He had a rugged stature, a bit on the heavy side. A thick mustache covered the bow of his lips. His eyes, an ocean blue, scanned me intently. He looked like an older– an macho– version of Calvin.

"Dad," I heard Calvin say in a sigh.

The man walked over to me. I stood up to meet him. Despite being taller than him, he still frightened me. He is the father of Calvin, my boyfriend. Therefore, in this household, he commands respect.

"I'm Alistair McClair," I said as I held my hand out. He glanced at it, then shook it. The expression on his face did not change whatsoever.

"You dating my son?" He asked in a gruff voice. For a moment, I was taken aback. It was such a sudden question. And he knew the answer. I guess he wants me to say it.

"Yes, sir. I am dating your son." I replied.

He then smiled and pulled me into a hug, patting my back. As he was hugging me, I hugged him back. Though, for a different reason.

"I'm just messing with you," I heard him say. I glanced over at Calvin, he was hiding his face but chuckling at the same time.

Finally, he pulled away from our hug. Now that he had a smile on his face, I didn't seem as scared of him anymore. He wasn't this terrifying father who was threatening his son's date with a gun. Instead, he looked like a dad that would tell silly jokes and dote on his wife.