Chapter - 33

The ball Is tomorrow and I'm extremely nervous. I've never been to something as grand as a ball. A few adjustments needed to be made to my dress as It became a bit too big around the waist. Claudius hasn't sent me a letter since that day and I'm not too worried about it. He has a lot going on and with the ball being so close one would assume there would be more protective eyes than before. Father still doesn't know anything and I have no plans on telling him anything.

"My Lady" Marie exclaimed dashing Into my room. What's Marie so eager about... "Do you remember Kally Winter, My Lady, the one who was the first prince's proclaimed lover" ahh yes her. The brat who tried to get me sent to the cellars. "Yes, Marie what about her" I said with a hint of annoyance. "She's been kicked from the palace, My Lady, It's all over the newspapers. She apparently was caught stealing from her first prince. One of the maids caught her In the process and Lady Winter tried to attack her". Why would she be stealing from the prince.. What did she try to steal.

"So I don't have to worry about her at the ball. Correct Marie" I'm already nervous as It Is for the ball.. taking away one nervous factor makes me feel a bit better. "I would presume so, My Lady" Marie said with a smirk. Good. That's one less person to deal with. "Oh and something else My Lady.. Prince Daniel sent you another letter with a gift attachment". "I got distracted and completely forgot to bring it to you". Marie said apologetically but annoyed. "Bring It to me Marie" Why won't he just leave me alone. I've never sent him a letter back nor do I plan on doing so. I don't care If It's considered disrespectful. I have zero plans on giving him a letter back. He doesn't deserve one from me not after the crap he's pulled time and time again.

Marie came back with a letter that clearly came from the palace and a gift which I presumed to be the gift. "What do you think Is In the box, Marie" I questioned while examining the gift. "I don't know but I hope It Is't some sort of trap to kill you" Marie stated seriously. I forgot that could be a possibility with this man. Whatever. I opened up the letter first and caught a glimpse of the badly written letter. You would think a prince would have good writing but he doesn't. Is It even from him? His letter from before had good writing but this once just looks like the writing was done on purpose.

"Deer me Lady Collect,

As yo knwo ball the tomrrow, If yo wont mine maay I hav a dnce?... Drss in gift..

                 Sincerely, Your Prince".

No way he wrote this. The letter Is from the palace but his first letter which was from him didn't look at all this bad. "Marie do you think the second prince wrote this"? I asked Marie wanting to make sure I wasn't just being over dramatic. But she thought the same. Marie opened the box up to a beautiful colored dress but a badly made dress. It looked horrible. It clearly couldn't fit me just by looking at It. The colors weren't at all my colors. The sews were sticking out everywhere. I mean you could see It from a distance. Marie looked completely distraught and bewildered. There's no way he sent that to me, but who got their hands on the royal family stamp.

"Should I burn the dress and the letter, My Lady" Marie said to me while staring at the dress In disgust. "No keep It for evidence". Marie picked up the dress and stuffed It back into the box along with the letter. "Why do you think someone would send you that, My Lady" Marie asked throwing the box onto the floor. "Probably to get me to wear the bad dress which would lead me to embarrassing myself". A stupid elaborate joke.