Chapter - 34

"Oh i wish you could come along Marie" I said to Marie as she did my hair. "At least Duke Lotus is going with you" ah right Father still decided to come even though he isn't too happy about it.

He's still very upset over all that happened which is very understandable. He's stated he's simply coming for his reputation. I just hope nothing horrible happens and that I old just enjoy my first ball.

"How do you like your hair My Lady" Marie said to excitedly. It's beautiful. I've never seen my hair put up before. "I love it Marie" I got up off the chair and headed to my dresser that lay on my bed.

"The ball's starting soon Marie, we should put the dress on now" Marie nodded and headed over to me with a huge smile. Two other maids entered the room to help with the dress as Marie couldn't do it alone.

"It's a good thing we adjusted it" Marie said as she tightened my corset. "Yep" Just gotta wait till they're done so that it can feel comfortable and not tight. It isn't even on all the way and it already looks perfect.

They finished putting on the dress and started to put on the jewelry. This is the most I've ever worn before. So much details and not only that but Marie knows exactly what's she doing. She's so talented.

"Ok we're finished My Lady, what do you think?" Marie asked with a huge grin on her face. "It's amazing Marie" It really does go along with my eyes just like father said it would. Father... I wonder what he's wearing.

Hopefully something purple to match. "Is my Father ready" I said to the two maids. both of the maids nodded their heads and one o the maids said he's waiting for me. Then i should go down then.

I started walking with Marie to where the maids said he was waiting for me and saw my Father wearing a purple tuxedo. The exact colors to match my dress.

"The dress looks perfect on you Collette" Father said to me with a gentle smile. "And so is your tuxedo Father" I said putting my arm out for Father to grab so we could walk to the carriage. He smiled even brighter and grabbed my arms walking to the carriage.

I've only ridden in this carriage a hand full of times and never to a ball. Today is the first for everything as so it seems. The carriage ride was smooth but during the ride Father brought up to me about Prince Daniel.

He said i should avoid him even if it seems disrespectful. people will understand why. Don't dance with him. Talk to him. Look a him. Don't do any sort of engagement with him. Just avoid him. Which isn't a problem for me. I have no intentions of engaging with him. Not after all the crap he's done to people to win favors.

"I think we're the last to enter Collette' Father whispered looking at the outside of the Palace. Great. We're the last to come. Meaning everyone else is already there and means more eyes on me when i enter. That's just perfect.. "Shall we enter" Father said holding out his arm. "Yes" I wrapped my arm around his arm and grabbed my dress to not trip going up the stairs.

Knights stood at the door to the ball room holding the door. As soon as we got closer someone announced our arrival very loudly. I wanted to close my eyes and just wait till i felt like no eyes were on me but then i wouldn't know where to walk.

Everyone in the ball was focused on us. Astounded with our arrival. Whether it be the fact we came late or the fact we came. We will never know. There were dozens of people from prestigious families in attendance.

Women married or single were focused on my father. People my age were focused on me. I've never felt this gaze before. We even came after the Empress and Emperor as i saw them both sitting on their thrones. "Ugh" I whispered quietly only for me to hear.

Looking around the ball room i caught a glimpse of a very familiar looking person. Rowan. Which could mean Priscilla was around here somewhere. Rowan was standing alone looking lost. Without her master around ordering her she's nothing but a lost dead soul.

I don't see Claudius. Obviously though. He's supposed to be playing sick. Me and Father went separate ways. He went to go talk to other adults and after exhausting all my energy talking to people about my dress i went outside away from the crowd.

This is exhausting. I get I'm a Duke's daughter but my god. I was swarmed with Women and Men asking me about my life and my dress. You could answer one question and someone would come asking the exact same question.

So I left the ball room for a break. I heard the palace gardens were beautiful but du o it being so dark i can't see the beauty very properly. All i can hear is two people chatting.

I was going to leave because it was a private conversation but one of the voices which were a woman sounded very familiar.

It sounded like.... Priscilla and the man sounds like Prince Daniel. I looked over. The corner and sure enough it was them.

They were very close to each other so it seems intimate but their conversation doesn't seem like it "Well where'd she go then" Prince Daniel said to Priscilla and Priscilla just shrugged off the question.

Where'd who go? Is he talking about Mona? Why is he talking to Priscilla about her? Don't tell me.

Is Priscilla also apart of that? I have to tell Claudius about that. She's evil but i didn't think she was that level of evil. I turned around to head back into the ball room to not get caught but stepped on a stick in the process. Just my luck.

"Who's there" PrinceDaniel shouted out as he approached the corner. The door to the ball is too far. I won't make it and it's more suspicious to run. I turned back around and Prince Daniel was in my face.

"Lady Collette". Prince Daniel said.