Chapter - 10

*One month after the incident* 

Father requested I come to his office today for a surprise. I am not normally allowed to go In there, but I guess due to all the recent events things have changed.

Also, The ball is next week, and I haven't gotten the dress I will be wearing for the ball.

"Father" I stepped towards Father as I entered his office room while observing the room.

Hmm It's pretty... plain..

"Collette, I have something for you" Father said as he sat up from his chair with an eager smile.

He approached me and placed his hands on my shoulder and said "Stand right here, and I'll go get It"..

"okay... Father" I said with a confused tone. I wonder what he has for me.

He exited out from his office and returned 10 minutes later.

"Don't turn around, Collette" He said while giggling..

What has him In such a giddy mood..

"Ok, turn around, Collette"

I turned around slowly with my hands over my eyes while grinning.

*gasp* When I opened my eyes to see a gorgeous fluffy purple dress. The entire dress was purple but It was separated In three to five different shades of purple..

The overall dress was different shades of light purples...

The dress came with dark purple heels. All the jewels that came with the dress were all different shades of purple, but overall the dress, the heels, and the jewels were all gorgeous...

"Do you like it, Collette, The dress matches your eye color" Father said whole twirling the dress around for me to see all angles of the dress.

"What!!"

"Of course I do, Father!" I said while jumping up and down.

I ran to Father and hugged him tightly to the point he would need to gasp for air..

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Father"

I snatched the dress from Father and dashed out the office with my dress flowing in the air as I ran down the hallway towards my bedroom.

I spent all day staring at the dress and imagining scenarios of the ball while wearing my dress.

To be completely honest I've never worn a dress like this one before. It must've been due to be locked up In the dukedom.

I really can't wait until the ball next week. Hopefully Father wears a suit that makes my dress otherwise would be the point of us being partners.

"Lady Collette, A letter from the Palace has arrived for you"

Huh... A letter from the Palace...

Could It be.. The Second Prince. What does he want from me.. To scold me over a letter.

I ran to the door and opened It. A maid who normally always delivers my letters was standing there with a huge smile on her face.

I didn't really care to know what she was smiling about, but maybe It was because of the letter.

"Hm, I wonder what Is written In It". I said while staring at the letter with my arms crossed.

"Welp, I won't find out by just staring at It".

Dear, Lady Collette

We are deeply sorry for the behavior The Second Prince displayed during his visit last month. If it is alright with you, and the Duke, we would like you over for dinner tomorrow to discuss ways to repay you for the distress our son caused you.

Sincerely, The Emperor and Empress

Wow.. this isn't from The Second Prince.. It's from the Emperor and Empress.

Holy... The Emperor and Empress sent me a letter!! They want to have dinner with me tomorrow...

But.. Father. Father will say no, but I can beg him  to let me go.