Chapter - 14

I'm lost..

When I was leaving the dining hall I probably should've asked where the restroom was or better yet I should've asked the knights who stood outside the door.

I could try to find my way back to the dining hall and ask or I could continue wondering around the palace until I find It.

One thing is for sure though.. I need to use the bathroom badly.

Going back and asking for directions sounds more logical then trying to find It myself blindly.

So, I turned around and started making my way back to the dining hall completely oblivious to the fact I'm not going the right way and I'm only wondering farther away from It.

*Ten minutes later when It finally clicked*

Why In the world didn't I notice I wasn't going the right way.

They're all probably wondering where I am... except for Daniel.

Isn't this place supposed to have maids. Why haven't I come across one of them yet..

Just my luck!!

*cough cough*

What was that?

*cough*

It sounds like someone is coughing.. Maybe I can ask that person for directions back to the dining hall.

I made my way towards the coughing and as I was getting closer the coughing was getting louder.

The person coughing sounds like a man.

I turned the corner slowly to see who was coughing and caught a glimpse of a tall, slim, and a pale man leaning up against the palace walls coughing.

Three maids surrounded him. Two of them held onto to him to make sure he wouldn't fall and the other held a cup of water In her hands.

There was another person present. A lady but she wasn't dressed like one of the maids and nor did she look like them.

She was dressed elegantly In a long blue dress and curly blue hair. She looked like she belonged to a aristocrat family but I couldn't recognize who she was.

She was standing there.. fanning him.

I wonder who that man Is. He clearly can't just be a maid or any regular man.

Enough staring I need help back to the dining hall.

I'm sure they'll know the wall

I approached the sick man, three maids, and noble lady to ask for directions.

"Hi"

Hi?? That's all you could say..

The three maids turned to me and looked confused.

"Who are you?"

One of the maids asked.

"I'm sorry.. I was just asking If you could share the directions of the dining hall. I've gotten myself lost".

"umm" I see they're still very confused.

Understandable.

but wow this man looks very sick. He is sweating uncontrollably, he looks very pale, and he can't even keep himself standing without the maids help.

"She asked a questions. Who are you?"

The noble lady spoke up and she couldn't even say this In a nice tone.

Who In the world does she think she Is?

Queen of the Palace!!

"Would you be so kindly to share the directions of the dining hall" I asked with a aggravated tone.

Why does she need to know who I am. I obviously wouldn't be here If I wasn't allowed to be here.

"They won't be telling you the directions until you say your name. How do we know you aren't an intruder?"

The noble lady asked while she approached me with her arms crossed.

ugh.. I don't want to cause a ruckus over a simple name.

"My name is Collete Lotus. I came here for dinner with the Empress and Emperor". I said with a sign.

Not like she was entitled to know that.

"lies"

WHAT!!

Who In the world does she think she Is!!!

"I'm very close to the Empress and Emperor and there was never a mention of having a dinner with the Lotus Duchy." She said with her arms folded.

"I'm not going to ask again.. Who are you and why are you In the Palace"

"I've already told you who I am and why I'm here"

"Who do you think you are calling me a liar"

She started giggling after my response and told the three maids who look concerned to bring the First Prince back to his room.

Oh lord.. That was the First Prince.. Father said he was sick, but I didn't think he was that sick.. He is In no position to become the emperor. No wonder Daniel doesn't care about how he acts.

He knows no matter what he'll become the future Emperor.

Who Is she though? How Is she just able to boss around the first prince's maids.

"I am Kally Winter.. the daughter of Duke Winter and the First Prince's lover. Due to me and the Prince's relationship it's a given that I and his parents would have a close relationship. They tell me everything that goes on. Big and small. They would tell me If they were planning a dinner with the Lotus Duchy". Kally said filled with pride.

"And they didn't. So there is no way In heck you're Collete Lotus".

The Winter Duchy Is the second most powerful Duchy In this Empire. No doubt she isn't their daughter since she has the family symbol.

The blue hair.

Blue hair Is such a rare phenomenon In this Empire so If you were to see anybody with blue hair they're most likely apart of the Winter Duchy.

But I didn't know she would be so bratty and entitled.. Just because she's close to the Empress and Emperor doesn't mean she is entitled to every bit of detail that goes on.