Chapter - 17

"Why don't I tell you everyone who will be In attendance for the ball, Milady" Marie said while she brushed my hair. 

"Ok, Marie"

*After saying everyone who will be attending the ball*

"That's a lot of people to remember" I said while trying to remember the 5th person she told me.

"It Is, but It's also important to remember because society is filled with the bad. They'll spread loads of bad rumors about you If you don't remember who Kally Winter got her first name from"

"The noblewomen In this empire can be very vile towards the ones they envy which would be you"

"They won't hesitate to twist whatever comes out of your mouth or whatever you do".

"You need to keep your composure when they speak to you. I've heard them openly disrespect a very well respected Duchess out of envy".

Well that isn't good. I don't have the best attitude when It comes to people openly disrespecting me. 

I turned back to look at Marie and noticed she stopped talking. I wanted her to continue as I want to be prepared. 

"Continue" I said as I turned back and faced the inches tall buddies that sat on top of my knees.

Marie chuckled.

"hmm, Milady what exactly happened between you and Kally Winter" I didn't really go Into explanation on what exactly happened. 

*

"Well"

*After explaining what happened*

I noticed Marie started brushing my hair slowly during my explanation I guess she had to slow down to really think about what I told her.

*

*sign* 

"I highly doubt a noblewoman like Kally Winter didn't actually know who you were".

"You're the only noblewoman and saintess In this empire with purple eyes". 

Oh..

"She acted like that so she could openly disrespect you. As I said, the noblewomen In this Empire envy women like you".

"They wish for nothing, but your despair"

*

"So the whole time she knew I was actually Collete Lotus, but acted like she didn't so she could cover up her disrespect"

*

"Yes, that Is how Kally Winter Is. She's a lot worse than that one interaction. I doubt she didn't send letters to her other noble friends with the interaction, but twisted It up"

oh crap

If she actually did that then what the heck am I supposed to do. 

I'm not good at this whole rumor and noblewomen thing.

"Don't worry, Milady.. some will still fawn over you because you're a respected figure In the empire".

"If they ask about what happened don't hesitate to say the truth, but don't say It so blatantly"

"ughh.. this Is all too much for me Marie"

but on the other hand I'm glad I asked Marie.

"What If I slip up and bad rumors start spreading about me"

*

"That won't happen, Milady" Marie said as she chuckled.

I must be over exaggerating then. maybe It's not that serious, but either way I should still be careful with my words and keep my composure.

While also remembering my original plan. which is to get revenge on Rowen and Priscilla. 

Marie didn't mention they'll be In attendance, but hopefully they get invited by someone. 

Marie also didn't say the second Prince would be In attendance. 

I hope he doesn't attend. 

I'll dread being at the ball If he does attend.

*After getting settled In bed*

Today was a very long and exhausting day. So much has happened and Marie really opened up my eyes on society and how It'll be like during the ball.

I can't say I dread attending the ball now, but I also can't say I'm as enthusiastic as I was before to attend the ball. 

Now that I think about It the Empress and Emperor stated they'll give me a gift or something as payback for how the second Prince treat me, but they didn't give me anything.

That's annoying.

I kind of want to visit the capital and stroll around a bit. If Father says yes then I'll take Marie with me and she could show me around.

I'll ask tomorrow.