Chapter - 18

"So what do you plan on doing today m'lady" Marie asked as she brushed my hair.

"Well It isn't official yet, but If Father agrees then I'll take a visit to the capital today" 

"Oh, Is It for the festival. I've always wanted to go to that" Marie said as her smile brightened In the reflection of the mirror.

I turned back to look at Marie.. completely oblivious to the fact there would be a festival today.

"There's going to be a festival today? How did I not know that". I always get told about events from other people.

"Oh, well you have been very busy lately and I kind of figured you already knew" 

"Nope I didn't know, but now I want to go to the capital more than ever. Since I've never been to a festival before". I said as I thought of what my day would be like going to my first ever festival.

"The stories I've heard from the maids who went to a festival all say it's a day to die for".

"and you've never been to one before Marie" I watched as Marie's face saddened

"Well, festival's aren't cheap and I've never had the time to visit one before. Not to mention the amount of thief that happens during festivals". 

Why does everything that sounds fun always have to have a big down side to It.

"Why Is there so much thief during festivals, Marie" I said with a sigh.

"Well during festivals the streets are always crowed which makes It easier for thieves to steal things. They're less likely to get caught In such a big crowd. Let's also not forget the fact that most people attending a festival always carry bags of silver or something worth selling". 

Well, I guess that does make sense. If I was a thief a festival would be the day to mark on a calendar. 

"Are there ever any casualties due to the thief, Marie" Marie always has an answer for my questions, but this time she didn't know what to say.

"Over crowded places are never purely safe especially for a noble like you. I've never heard of any casualties during festivals due to thieves, but I have heard of fights breaking  out due to drunks".

Where would I be If I didn't have an informant like Marie. 

We're the same age, but she knows so much about the world that I haven't even scratched. 

"I'll ask Father during breakfast If I could attend the festival and If he says yes then you'll be coming with me Marie"

"Really? You'll allow me to attend the festival with you" Sometimes Marie acts like she isn't worthy of the smallest acts of kindness.

"Of course, I don't want to attend the festival by myself and I'd feel safer with you coming"

"Thank you, M'lady" Marie said as she bowed down to me multiple times clenching the brush she used to brush my hair In her hands.

"Marie you know you don't have to do that" I told her a couple times not to bow to me every time I do something nice. Most of the time she never actually follows that.

*

*

Moments later at breakfast

"So Father I wanted to ask you something" I said with a grin on my face.

Father looked up at me from his plate and squinted his eyes.

"Go ahead" Father said.

"Well, I wanted to ask If me and Marie could attend the festival happening today In the capital".

"please" I threw In please before father could say his verdict.

"Explain why you think you should go" Father said as he looked back down at his plate and continued chewing on my hand cooked eggs.

Father always wants me to explain my reasons why I ask to go somewhere. He never outright declines, but If he deems my reasons not worth It then he'll say no.

But I have good reasons to attend the festival.

"Well, for one I've never attended a festival before and I want to experience something like that. Two, It could help me for when I attend the ball and th-"

"Now how would attending the festival help you when you go to the ball" Father said as he interrupted my reasonings to which I may forget now.

"It's an event.. and the ball Is also an event"

Father started laughing after my response and dropped his fork on the table then proceeded to lean back In his chair.

please don't say no

"You can go. I was never going to decline anyways" Father said with a grin.

 "Thank you, Father" Is what I said In said out loud, but I was screaming In my mind.

"but you must take some of your knights with you and two maids. Also wear a disguise" 

"Father, what would be the point In wearing a disguise If I'll be walking around with two maids and multiple knights" I don't want to have to wear a disguise once again when going out.

"Take It or leave It, Collete" father said with a serous tone.

"Fine, but I'll only take two knights. I don't need so much guards. Nothing will happen to me"

"Ok" Father whispered under his breathe.