Chapter - 23

I'm exhausted.. All this healing Is completely draining my energy.

"You seem a bit exhausted, Lady Collete, perhaps you should rest". Second Prince Daniel said from behind me.

I didn't even realize he was there.

What Is his goal...

"Second Prince Daniel, Instead of worrying about me perhaps you should worry about the hurt. After all that Is why you're here"

You show up with a bunch of medical supplies and Instead of passing them out you're worried about a Lady with healing powers.

"Lady Collete, Prince Daniel was only worried about your well being. No need to be so harsh" Priscilla chimed In from nowhere.

There Is nothing wrong with being worried about a saints well being, but he hasn't even started handing out the medical supplies.

Shows he doesn't give a crap about them.

"No no, Lady Collete, Is right. I came here for a reason and It wasn't to worry about a woman who Is capable of handling herself" Second Prince Daniel said with a grin as he walked off.

What Is with this change of attitude.

One second he Is harassing me and other women In this Empire and the next he Is this nice person who doesn't get mad at being told off.

This Isn't normal. He Is planning something.

"Um that was a bit weird right, MIlady" Marie said with a confused look on her face.

"Yes that was weird.. He doesn't normally act like this"

"Do you think maybe.. he-"

"Are you two seriously suggesting Prince Daniel Is responsible for all of this"

Before Marie could even finish speaking Priscilla cut her off.

"Also aren't you that maid who was with Helen earlier.. What are you doing with, Lady Collete, right now.."

"We-"

"Don't tell me..." I think Priscilla has finally grasped the fact that I am Helen Ivy. Which wouldn't be too good In my revenge scheme, but that Isn't even very important right now.

"Same outfit, same manner, same voice.. Lady Collete, are yo-"

"Priscilla, there Are more important things here to worry about Instead of who's who"

"I'll have to report this to the Royal Family then" Priscilla said with her arms crossed.

"As If they'll believe someone like you" Marie said while shooting daggers at Priscilla.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU'RE SPEAKING TO" Priscilla yelled out In disbelief.

"Priscilla, this Is not the time nor the place to start an argument. There are people who are In need of help and If you continue this then you'll just need to leave. These people don't deserve such indiscretion from you".

Second Prince Daniel said while approaching Priscilla.

Priscilla yelled so loud that everyone could hear her even over the crying.

I guess she wasn't expecting such a reaction from him.

"My apologies Prince Daniel" Priscilla whispered with her head down.

Although this Is nice seeing this happening to her I still can't shake the feeling that Second Prince Daniel Is responsible for this because If he Is then what Is his goal.

*

*

*

Moments later..

It'll take thousands of dollars to completely fix what was damaged. Homes were destroyed, shops that people needed to make a living with were destroyed, carriages were destroyed.

I'd be pretty shocking If the ball continued despite this happening.

"Milady, perhaps you should sit down" Marie said with her arms clutching my shoulders so that I don't fall down.

"What I need Is some water" I said completely dismissing the fact that I can barely walk without Marie's support.

"Lady Collete, I wanted to thank you for what you did for my people" Second Prince Daniel said as he approached me and Marie.

'My people'?? 'His people'..

He Is just a Prince and not just a Prince, but the Second one.. It's not even confirmed on whether he'll be the next Emperor..

Why Is he so sure he'll be the Emperor.

I was hoping he'd actually changed, but he hasn't and he Is indeed planning something.

He didn't even help much today besides give medical supplies to commoners for them to pass It out.

As If he couldn't be bothered to do It himself.

"Lady Collete" Second Prince Daniel said..

Prince Daniel muttered words out of his vile mouth but I couldn't make out what was said due to the fact It was muffled..

"MILADY" Marie yelled out, but her voice faded out.