Chapter - 9

"Collette, Where have you been!!" My Father yelled out In an worried voice as he approached me with a fast pace.

"Umm..Well" I stopped as Father gripped my cheeks and an angry child like expression formed on his face.

He started turning my face left to right, and up and down. Then he looked down at my dress, and his childlike anger no long seemed child like.

He shot his eyes towards the priest and and glared at him. "How hard Is it for you to keep track of my Daughter."

He removed his hands and started stepping towards the Priest. The Priest who always looked calm was now terrified. Well who wouldn't be.

"I know this is because of The Second Prince" How did he guess... Is the Second Prince's reputation that bad that he knows It was him.

"Why would you let a boy like that around all these young woman..."

All the Saints who were in the garden were now all Where we were.

"He's a Prince of Yttri Empire, Sir"

"Who cares!!" My Father yelled out In anger that made the Prince flinch.

"You have the right to refuse his arrival. Even a Commoner wouldn't allow that scum of a boy around their daughters".

My Father turned towards me "Let's go Collette, You're no longer staying at the Temple"

Normally I would protest, but It didn't seem like the right time to be me.

So I kept silent, and left the Temple with Father.

'Somehow I feel like this Is my fault'

But, I obviously left carrying Lu In my arms. My Father was so angry to the point he didn't notice a very noticeable animal in my arms.

My Father yanked the carriage door open and with his eyes closed, pointed for me to enter the carriage.

As I was about to step Into the carriage, Father put his hands on my waist and lifted me Into the carriage.

And he did It effortlessly.

I wonder who's going to lift Father up Into the carriage.

Father stepped Into his carriage (of course himself) and only then did he noticed the animal sitting In my lap.

He sat down and stared at me and the back onto Lu.

"What Is that, Collette" Father said as he stared at Lu who was now napping in my arms.

"An animal I found In the woods. I named her Lu, Father. I said with a grin as I cradled Lu.

Father leaned up up and with a concerned look said "The woods.. You were In the woods, Collette".

"Umm.. Yess... I didn't even notice I was running Into the woods though" I said looking out the window.

"What'd he do" Father said with a angry look and gritted his teeth.

"Well.. Long story short.. He started to flirt with me but I wasn't comfortable with that, so I left, but then he started looking for me around the Temple. He found me and asked me to the ball, but I refused, and said I already have a partner" *cough* ohh crap I need some water.

"He got bit frustrated when I refused and demanded I tell him who was my partner. I refused to tell him and he got angry. Started to go on and on about how he was a Prince and the next emperor". Father gripped the carriage seat and his gritted his teeth even more.

"I laughed, but accidentally to which he yelled, I forgot what else happened, but he made a rude comment about woman and I made a comment back about how he was a child then ran off"

Father surprisingly giggled and commented "He won't become the next Emperor once this gets out. Everyone will know he was the cause. He isn't a liked person at all. People prefer a sick Emperor over him"

But what I heard from the other Saints didn't seem that serious.

Father looked back at Lu and said "You know that's a wolf right, Collette"

"A what?" I said as I thought It was a puppy.

"A wolf. A wild animal. It'll grow to be bigger than the dogs you've seen"

"Wow really. Can I keep it, Father, please" I pleaded with Father to let me keep Lu

Father signed and said "Not like I can refuse"

Amongst the excitement a thought crossed my mind. "Father, Why am I leaving the Temple"

"Because the Priest Is irresponsible. You ran Into the woods of you own terms, but It's absurd how he doesn't keep a close eye on you young woman, and allow an boy who has tons of unfavorable rumors centered around him and young woman Into the Temple"

"Oh, That's true. I didn't know the Second Prince was that bad, Father" I said while hugging Lu.

"That's because the rumors about him are all different for adults and the children. For us he's a thorn In the Palace. A boy who will most likely be the next Emperor, but has the emotions of a child." Father said with his arms crossed.

"And what children"

"He's a Prince, most children want his status. They don't like him, but they admire him. Some of the young women In the Empire are told to not become associated with him." Father said while staring at me.

That sounds right. All the Saints views in the Temple were all divided.

"Father, can you really just rip me from the Temple"

"Of course I can, I'm your Father."

"You belong to me" Father said with a stern voice.

Okay. It's not like that's my problem to worry about but...

"What about the revenge plan, Father" I said as I wanted to continue It.

"You don't have to continue It while inside the Temple. You can do It from home" Father said with a grin.

"What are you going to do about The Second Prince, Father"

"Hmm.. I'll have to speak to the Emperor and Empress, but rest assured I won't take this lightly"

I'm not really worried about It though, but okay.

"I'll send a letter to the Palace"

Right then Father shot his eyes towards me.

"Who said you can go to the ball and who are you going with"

"You" I laughed.

"I never sent you a letter saying you could go or that I would be your partner"

Maybe I lied about him saying that. Just what I believe will happen.

I put on my puppy dog act and "Pleaseee, Father, I really want to go. It'll be my First ever ball"

Father signed and said that only If he was my partner.

"Yes, that was the plan anyways, Father"