Chapter - 12

I wore a dress Father suggested. Long and blue.

Aside from the dress. I never noticed we lived so close to the Palace. The carriage ride was really smooth once we entered the capital and I saw so many people. The most I've ever seen and It made me really nervous.

Especially since they all gathered around our carriage each time we made a stop and chanted my Father's name. I can't believe they all recognize  us because of our carriage.

"Are you nervous, Collette" Father said while looking out the carriage windows.

"Nope, I feel just fine" Which is a massive lie.

Father chuckled and said "It's ok to be nervous. This is your first time even experiencing something like this. The Emperor and Empress are nothing like their son. They'll be understanding if you mess up in front of them"

Oh that's a big relief. Hmm

"Father, after the dinner can we stroll the capital a bit" There was a quick silence before he answered maybe.

I guess It all depends on how the dinner goes.

.
.
.

'Moments later'

We arrived at the palace gates and I could see the beautiful Palace from where we stopped. After the gates opened we were allowed Inside and that's when the real nervousness started.

Even thought Father stated I wouldn't be reprimanded if I slip up I just can't help, but worry. What If Father is wrong? What If I get punished? Oh no.. I just want to turn back down and cuddle Lolo and Lu.

I shouldn't have begged to come and just left it at that when Father refused.

I'm not ready for this. The carriage door swung opened and I had to act like It didn't startle me because I did. A handsome man held out his hand for me to grab.

I did and as I stepped out the carriage I could feel a bigger wave of nervousness pile In. Oh..

I need to poop now. I wonder If that man felt my hand tremble. I could feel my legs shaking as I walked through the castle to the dining room.

I won't lie. The castle was gorgeous inside and out, but that little brat Daniel has no right to be so smug and.. bratty.

We made our way into the singing hall and there I saw them. The Emperor and Empress sitting at the end of a long and gorgeous table with tons of food lined up.

While my Father bowed down gently I bowed down so roughly due to my nervousness. I could hear my greetings sound so stuttered.

Gosh what Is wrong with me I thought.

"Lady Collette is as gorgeous as ever" The Empress said brightly.

"T-thank you, Empress Kalia"

I could hear thumping noises from behind me as I was about to get situated down. When I turned to see what It was.

It was the ugly man.. Daniel.