Chapter - 8

"Phew" Oh My Father... I should've stopped running when my name being yelled completely faded away. I done lost one of my shoes. My once gorgeous white dress is now brown and ripped.

My knee from when I fell is covered In dry blood.

And to make matters worse.

I'm completely lost... What was once a nice and delicate garden has now turned into a forest.

A dark and deep forest.

I wasn't paying attention when I was running, and I'm pretty sure I ran farther then I should've.

By now everyone should've noticed my disappearance.

How In the world did I get my self Into this. I didn't even know we had a forest nearby.

I blame the Priest for this happening, and The Second Prince.

Not myself.

"Awwhooo" Oh no... There are wolves nearby.

Do I howl back... Maybe bark... growl. Just to let It know I'm here and to stay away.

Yes.. I'll do that.

"Accooooo" *cough cough* I haven't drunk any water In a while.

"Ohhhh" Now my throat Is hurting.. Why would I go and do that.

*cough cough cough COUGH* Ughh I think that cough was louder than my howl.

*Rustle* Huh... Who was that.. no... what was that!! Do I grab my other shoe... NO YOU DUMMY.. GRAB A BRANCH...

Oh yes that's right.. Thank you brain.

I grabbed a branch twice the size of my two arms. combined. It's pretty heavy. I can't believe both of my arms combined are this heavy.

I prepared to hit whoever or whatever comes out of the bushes.

*Rustle rustle* Upon hearing the second rustle I could feel warm water rolling down from under my eyes.

Must be rain.

I licked It to feel a little bit energized.

*agrghh* Right then an animal leaped from out of the bushes and started dashing towards me.

"Ahhhh!!" I closed my eyes and started swing my branch hoping to hit whatever was coming at me.

*yelp* I felt a thud which meant I hit whatever It was, and heard the sound of an animal flopping on the group.

The animal I hit started making sad noises, so I opened my eyes to see a small animal that resembled a dog laying on the floor.

"Ohh noo, I hit a puppy" tears started pooling from my eyes as I rushed to the pups aid.

"Y-you're going to be okay, I promise" The puppy popped up and tried to flee but plopped to the floor.

I knelt down In front of the pup and picked it up to hold It in my arms.

I started to heal the pup with my healing magic. The pup started squirming around,
but I held a form grip on the pup to finish healing.

Once I finished Is also once the pup stopped crying. "Awww, see you're okay" I noticed as the pups tail started wagging and the pup turned her tiny face towards me.

Her fur was pitch black and her eyes were an emerald green. Absolutely gorgeous...

The pup started to squirm in my arms again, but this time It was due to excitement. She started licking my face, but I turned away due to dog breath.

Hmm I literally ran straight when getting here. I can easily get back If I walk straight from where I came from.

Maybe the reason I was dumb enough to run this far was due to fate. I had to meet her and rescue her from this dark forest.

"I'll save you, My Lovely" I whispered Into the pup's ear as she continued to Squirm around In my arms.

I placed the puppy back on the ground and stood up. Dusted the dirt pebbles from my already ruined dress and proceeded towards where I came from.

The pup following right after. It's official. She's mine. I'll send her to Father.

As we continued on out journey back to the Temple... Lu Lotus (what I named her) kept tripping over the tiniest branches. I was chuckling until I tripped over a branch tinier than the ones she tripped over.

And then we reached the Temple where everyone was out. All the Saint were all out talking, and they all looked a bit concerned.

One turned towards where I was coming from and yelled out "Saint College, There you are!!" She ran towards me as everyone else did who heard her.

They all started talking about how they were worried for me and couldn't sleep knowing I was missing.

One even whispered In my ear that she knows the Second Prince had something to do with my disappearance.

But what really caught my attention was how three of them yelled out "Duke Lotus, Is here... Duke Lotus, Is here!!!"

What.. My father's here...how... How Is he here already... I wasn't gone long enough for the Priest to send a letter and for Father to get It and then for Father to make It here before I made It back.

I knew It...

Teleportation Is real...

"Ahh" I heard a blood curdling scream that made everyone turn their attention from me to whoever screamed.

But unfortunately, It was just Priscilla screaming and kicking because Lu was attached to he dress.

All that oxygen because your dress is being ripped...

YOU GO LU!!!

Lu stopped latching onto her dress and hopped towards me.

I picked her up and headed towards where the Saints said my Father was. All the Saints starred at me in complete in utter shock.

And I don't know what for. There was A lot to stare at me in shock for.

.
.
.

"How could you lose my Daughter!!" I heard my Father's voice, and It sounded even more upset and intimidating than The Second Prince's voice did.

"Father", I said while approaching my angry Father.

My Father and the Priest shot their heads towards me.