Chapter - 31

"Should I check who Is at the door, My lady" Marie said clearly afraid, but wanting to be brave.

"No don't do that.. It could be an Intruder, go get the guards". As soon as Marie was about to get the guards this 'intruder' peaked his head through the window and It was Claudius.

"Lady Collete.." Claudius said as he jumped through the window planting his feet on the ground and looking around my room.

Marie seemed pretty shocked and surprised. She didn't know whether to bow or just stay quiet.

"You scared us we were about to alert the guard's". I exclaimed with my arms crossed.

"My apologies, My Lady, I didn't mean to startle you". Claudius said with a genuine 'I'm sorry' smirk.

"What did you come here for?" I thought I would go by myself or have someone else escort me.  I didn't expect him to show up himself.

"I came to bring you to Polly Garden.. I figured you wouldn't know how to get there or simply wouldn't be able to do so". Wow he really thought ahead.

"I-I cover for you, My Lady" Marie said nervously as she owed.

Claudius presence must really be Intimidating. "Thank you, Marie".. Claudius pulled a cloak from his bag and handed it to me. "Put It on, wouldn't want you to get recognized". I took the cloak and slipped It on.

"Ok I'm ready" I looked at Marie and nodded.

I approached the window with Claudius and looked down. "Did you really climb up this, Claudius?" It's rather to high. I'd break many bones If I jumped or I'll fall If I try and climb down.

"Hold onto me" Claudius said confidently."Hold onto you? Are you sure you won't fall"

"How much could you possibly weigh, My Lady" Claudius said with a smile.

Before I could say anything else, Claudius picked me by his right arm and put me on his back.

"Claudius, don't fall" I said to Claudius before he jumped down from my window all the way to the ground and then placing me on the ground.

"How.." How did he not break a leg.. "Let's go, My Lady" Claudius said as he grabbed my hand and moved Into the forest.

...

We walked for miles until we reached a carriage with two other men wearing cloaks. All greeted me then started discussing what they would do.

"I didn't state all that would happen, My Lady, but we are going to do a rescue mission" A rescue what?? I thought we were just discussing plans.

"Nothing will happen to you, Lady Collete" A man wearing a cloak said.

"Fine, I don't need to return home hurt"

...

Not long after that we arrived at Polly Garden and It looked so suspicious. Since we entered someone had been following us wearing a cloak and he wasn't the only one. Claudius noticed but said to not worry..

Of course I'm going to be worried. More than one person Is following us. The carriage stopped and Claudius sad we would be going the rest of the way on foot as to not be spotted. That's when I knew I should've just stayed home In my bed with, Marie.

"Don't worry, My Lady, I won't let anyone hurt you" Claudius said trying to reassure me. "Thanks, Claudius"

I turned back to see If I could spot the men following us and I noticed who was following. He didn't even try to follow secretly. "Claudius, aren't you going to do something about those men following us". I said to Claudius. he didn't even seem to be to worried about those men.

"No, some of those men are following me because I hired them to follow us" Some.. so what about the others. "You said some, Claudius.. what about the others". I said nervously.

"Oh those, most likely hired by someone else to follow us. They won't do anything" He Is not the best at trying to make me feel safe.

Let's just get this over with so that I can go home to my bed.

...

"Is this where he Is hiding her" I asked Claudius as we stood out a very clearly abandoned building with a light shingling out a window.

"Yep, this Is where she Is. I'm surprised It Isn't guarded at all. There could be many reasons as to why she hasn't left even though there aren't any guards". Claudius said suspicious of the building.

"Let's wait It out. We don't want to walk into a trap" One of the men said. "My brother Isn't that smart.. There Isn't a trap" Claudius stated as he walked Into the house. Me following closely behind.

We searched through the entire house and nearly gave up. Until I stumbled upon a hidden door In the wall with a small lock. "Claudius, I think this Is a door" I said as I stepped back from the door to examine the door a bit more closely.

Claudius came rather quickly. "Finally someone found something". Claudius said slightly annoyed as he looked around at the other men who hadn't found anything. "Yes, This Is a door, but It requires a key" Claudius said staring Into the key hole.

"You can't just knock It down" It's an old wooden door In an abandoned building.. sure maybe a pregnant woman can't break It down, but I'm sure a man who can hum down from a 3 story window and suffer no injuries can.

"oh right" Claudius said as he laughed. Claudius moved out the way and ordered. The two men to ram Into the door. The door broke down on the third try. I was the fist to walks Into the room. It was dark but the room felt small.

"Who's there" A woman In the room said from across the room. Holy crap.. this just got way more serious than all of the explaining.