Chapter - 30

It's been an entire week since the festival and the Emperor and Empress are just now starting to repair the damage caused by their child. As well as the fact they need to compensate all the things the commoners lost.

I haven't heard from Daniel since the letter nor have I heard from Claude. I don't know when he'll reach out or If he even will. It's still so shocking that the First Prince Isn't actually sick, but just suffering the consequences of his actions.

Father's been keeping himself confined to his office most likely to think of what to do about, Daniel, and I've just been.. doing me..

There Isn't much to do around the Duchy. I've just been preparing for when Claude sends a letter to meet up.

"Marie, can you check to see If I have any letters?" I've been sending Marie everyday to check to see If Claude has sent me a letter. She always comes back to no letter or a letter, but not from him.

"Yes, My Lady, but may I ask? Are you expecting a letter from someone? Is that why you ask me everyday to check to see If you have any letters?" Marie asked.

"Yes, I am expecting a letter from someone" But he hasn't sent one In a while. Maybe I'm being too impatient.. I mean he does have to find out the whereabouts of unknown people. Of course It's not going to be an easy feat.. Plus he also has to hide the fact he Isn't really sick.

Marie excited the room and came back minutes letter with just a letter.

"Oh, who's that letter from, Marie" I asked hoping the name was, Claude or that It was from the Palace.

"I'm not sure, My Lady, there Isn't a name" Marie said flipping the letter back and forth to see If she could find a new.

"Let me see the letter, Marie" Marie handed me a plain white letter with a plain black stamp. No name and no sigil on the stamp. Could this possibly be from, Claude. Why would he put his name on the letter.

I'll read It to see.

Dear, Lady Collete..

I've found the whereabouts of one of the people involved In the festival. A commoner named Alan born In a foreign country. He has no family members In the capital, but sources say there Is a woman pregnant with his child. Her whereabouts were unknown up until yesterday. My brother Is holding her captive In an abandoned shop on the far end of the capital. Meet at Polly Garden street tonight to discuss what to do next..

                                                 Sincerely, Your friend.

This Is a letter from Claude. He found one of the people involved In the festival. He must've been threatened to take part In the festival or lose his partner and child. Daniel Is truly evil.

He wants me to meet at Polly Garden street. I have no clue where that Is. Maybe I can ask, Marie.

"Marie, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, My Lady" Marie said cheerfully.

"Do you happen to know where Polly Garden Street Is"

"Yes, but why would you want to go there. There's all sorts of dangerous activity going on there. It's not safe for a lady of your status". Marie said nervously.

So It's not a safe place, so It's the best place to kidnap somebody to for dirty business, but I still have to go. Daniel needs to be stopped.

"I..." I'll tell her. I know I can trust, Marie to keep this a secret.

"Marie, If I tell you this promises me you'll keep It a secret. It'll be easier for me If you know". I won't be able to run around as I please like how, Claude can. Marie needs to know so that If I need her to cover for me she can without any suspicion.

"You have my word I will never tell anybody what, My Lady, Is about to tell me" Marie exclaimed with her hand on her chest.

"Ok then" I explained the entire story to Marie and the entire time, Marie, had a surprised and shock expression on her face.

"Wow, I can't believe all of that happened. The first prince taking a potion to appear to be sick, the kidnapping, and the fact the second prince actually haas something to do with the explosions". Marie sat on my bedside chair with her legs crossed and her hand on her chin. Eyes wide. She was clearly intrigued by what I was telling her, but who wouldn't be.

"I thought you 'knew' the second prince caused It" I said to Marie recalling how she said she knows Daniel has to do with the festival.

"It was just a thought, My Lady, I didn't think he actually have something to do with It.. He- he's.." Marie said stuttering.

"heh, but will you help me, Marie"

"Of course, My Lady, you have my word I will help you however I can" I knew I could count on, Marie.

"So you said you needed help finding Polly Garden Street, yes" Marie said sprouting up from the chair confidently.

"Yes, but what will I tell, Father" It's night time. I don't think I can just leave without telling him.

"Nothing. You'll have to sneak out.. what will you be able to tell him".

"Right... but I've never exactly snuck out before" I may have snuck off Into the woods plenty of times, but I've never snuck out of the house at night to go anywhere, but the woods. It's scary just thinking about It.

"I can help you. I'm a master at sneaking out. You'll need someone to cover for you which would be me, but I'm not comfortable leaving you to travel to somewhere you never been that's dangerous all alone. You could ask one of the knights, but I doubt they'll let you go and If they do they'll for sure tell the Duke". Gosh.. Marie Is right. How am I supposed to go.

*knock knock*

"Marie, Is someone knocking on my window"