Pirate chapter 39

We finally made it back to Tobias's island. As usual the tree line was cascaded in darkness apart from the small magic orbs of light the witch doctor had surrounding the area. It was late in the evening and we were staying docked until morning. I was tired but said goodnight to Tobias and the ghouls. Thanking them again for all of the help and saving my life. He left me with extra medicine in case I was still in pain, which I wasn't, and he also checked me over once more.

"There will be a time where I will need your help in return." Tobias smiled at the captain.

"I'll help in anyway I can." Shawn replied as he shook the witch doctors hand. He then turns to me his eyes glowing as he takes my hand in his bringing it up to kiss my knuckles. I blushed slightly.

"Keep an eye on your captain. Keep eachother safe." He spoke and bowed.

I nodded and lurched forward to hug him causing him to laugh. Shawn chuckled. I pulled back wiping a tear from my eyes.

"We'll see eachother again?" I asked small. I've grown fond of their company.

"Sooner than you think." He smiled. "Ghouls, come." He stated and they made their way off the ship.

I sighed as the captain wrapped his arm around my waist.

"It's all over now?" I asked him quietly looking up at him.

"Who knows," he chuckled then rolled his eyes at my pout leaning down to kiss me.

"You could be more positive." I huffed and he laughed pulling back a smile playing at his lips.

"When have you known me to be positive?" Shawn responded with a raised eyebrow. I whined but giggled as he wasn't being serious and leaned forward wrapping my arms around his waist.

The captain chuckled low once again, "come on. Let's go to bed. I have to be up early. We're restocking tomorrow. Heading back south to the tropics." He stated.

I nodded as he tugged me toward the room, sparing one last glance to the shoreline where papa and his ghouls seemingly vanished. The quiet sound of a pipe organ resumed in the distance.

We walked to the captains room and closed the door. We took off our shoes and the captain took off his weapons, coat, and hat.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "you're actually coming to bed?" I giggled. He doesn't say anything but walks over to dim the oil lamp and sits on the bed pulling me closer until I'm sitting on his lap. I blushed as I straddled him. He lays back and I fall on top of him a giggle escaping me once again. He slides his hands from my waist up to my face pulling me forward to kiss him. I squeak and giggle kissing him back as my dress hitches up above my waist. My heart thumped in my chest. His hands slide down to my thighs tugging me closer. I sit back on top of him and look into his darkened blue eyes. The only home I want to belong to forever.

"I love you," I whisper as my cheeks redden. He carefully rolls us over placing himself between my legs. The captain leans down trailing kisses down my jaw to my ear.

"I love you," he replies and kisses me again. He grips behind my knees tugging me close against him as my hands trail to unbutton his shirt.

The next morning I woke to both of us still nude and flushed from the evening activities. I glanced between our bodies at our matching scars. I look back up to Shawn's sleeping face and reach a hand to gently caress the side of his cheek and move his hair from his lightly closed eyes. The flickered open staring at me. I smiled and nuzzled close under his chin.