Pirate chapter 33

"Shane! ETA?!" The captain shouts from the wheel up to the first mate in the birds nest with the telescope.

"About 30 minutes out!" He responds.

We were almost to Shawn's home town. I had an awful pit in my stomach and I've already thrown up over the side of the ship twice. Not that the captain saw. Shane did and I made him swear not to say anything because I wasn't sick, it was just my nerves.

I walk over to Tobias as he's near me and I look at him worried.

"So you're sure everything will be fine..?" I whisper to him nervously fiddling with my hands.

He turns to look at me. "It will go how it needs to. Do not worry." He smiles and nods.

This man is of no help. I huffed slightly and looked out to the ocean with him seeing as a small aisle of land is beginning to appear out on the horizon.

I look up to my captain at the wheel and he has a darkened expression on his face. I slowly turn from Tobias and make my way up the small row of stairs to upper deck. I walk over to Shawn at the wheel and I gently wrap my arms around his waist from behind and hide my face in his shoulder blades. He stiffens for a split second then relaxes.

"I love you." I whisper quietly. My voice muffled against his coat.

"I love you too, princess." He sighed softly. Even though he was trying to be sweet I could feel the edge in his voice.

"You'll be okay, captain." I added and kept my arms around him. "I know you will. No matter what he decides to do. And Tobias is here with us."

We glanced at Tobias who was doing a weird motion with his hands. The sky darkened even more and we looked up at the gray sky. The ghouls were running about drawing circles with chalk and chanting.

I raised my eyebrow and looked up at Shawn.

"I feel safer already." The captain rolls his eyes and I giggle slightly.

"Where do you want me to be?" I asked him and rested my head back on his shoulder.

"I'm going to have you stay in the cellar I uh.. I locked you in before.." he kind of chuckled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Absolutely not the toilet in there is gross."

Shawn rolled his eyes. "It won't be very long, I can lock it and no one can get through without the key I'll have you hold. Just in case they come on board trying to find you. They'll look in my room first.. the cellar is kind of hard to find.. you'll be safe and hidden in there."

I pout. "And what about you? How will I know you're okay?"

I asked worried as Shane shouts, "15 minutes cap!"

"Prepare sails! Get weapons on now!! Tobias! Get ready!" The captain shouts and nods at Nate to come take the wheel.

I squeaked as Shawn pulled away.

"Let's go, love. We don't have much time." He says. Time was running out, my heart sank down into my tummy and my chest began to tighten with anxiety.

I whimpered and my eyes started to water as he dragged me below deck.

We got to the cellar and the flood gates burst and I was sobbing.

The pirate captain looks shocked but tugs me into his arms tightly.

"L-let's do something else!" I cried into his chest. I was terrified. I didn't know what was about to happen.