Pirate chapter 12

Shawn woke me up by moving and tugging on his coat and combat boots. He was digging in the trunk at the end of the bed when I sat up and blushed at him with memories flooding in.

"You need to change your clothes." The captain speaks. "There are also showers here if you want I can escort you to them. The crew and myself will be bathing as well. We do on the ship but it's more nice to be in bathing rooms with more space." He continued.

Was he not going to acknowledge anything that happened this morning? I suppose it's too early.. for now I'll just listen and do what he sa- AND what happened to me.. he's lucky he's attractive and intelligent.. I don't know what id do.. I shouldn't of done what I allowed.. I was a princess.. I don't know.. maybe not anymore.. I was so confused.

"Angel. Stop thinking so hard. you'll hurt yourself." Shawn chuckled low.

I blushed and smiled small looking down at my lap.

"Where's my mouthy princess at?" He smirks and eyes me darkly.

I glare at him my cheeks burning. "Excuse you. I will always be mouthy to a jerk captain."

"Mouthy how?" The captain smirked again and stood up to tower over me in the bed..

I blushed and looked down again to escape his teasing gaze.

"I'm just playing, sweetheart. Here." He stated and tossed clothing on the bed.

I smiled at the sweet name then stare at him as he made no effort to move. I raised my eyebrow at him.

I get up so I can get dressed and the captain turns around to give me privacy, but not without my glaring at him until he did so.

"Hurry up." He huffed and crossed his arms.

He was being sweet.. in his weird pirate way.. he must be in a very good mood but I didn't even do anything in return for him. I quickly changed into the pirate clothing and sighed as I couldn't tie the bandana around my head properly.

Shawn finally turns, "let me help you, love." He says and walks forward to help hide my hair beneath the cloth. He then reaches over to grab his coal he puts around his eyes.

I stared at him with wide eyes. Royals wore make up yes, but it wasn't dark.. "you'll be fine." He chuckled. "It will help conceal your face." He says and carefully runs the black make up around my eyes lining them.

He pulls back and smiles softly. "Your eyes are very green, princess." He spoke and put the coal back down. I blushed and giggled. Green eyes were rare and I'm sure the make up made them stand out more.

He offers me his hand and I take it following him out of the room and to the upper deck.

"Now you look like an actual pirate!" Shane grinned walking up. "Are we ready?" He asks as he adjusts the satchel on his side.

Finn and Jacob walk up rolling barrels for gun powder. Frankie was rolling up the cart to put the barrels on. Nate was staying on the ship to keep watch along with the other crewmen.

"Princess is coming. Don't make a scene. I know you won't but I want to say it so you all remember."

"Aye, cap." Finn winks at me and I laugh. I was really growing fond of all of them. I still couldn't believe I was falling for a pirate captain, or that all pirates weren't as bad as I was taught.