Pirate chapter 28

The next morning Tobias was waiting for us at his altar once again and he did have more medicine for Shawn to take.

"You're returning strength. This is good." Tobias smiled and handed Shawn the cup of medicine.

Shawn dry heaves after chugging down the medicine and I pout wrapping my arm around him to make sure he doesn't fall over.

Shawn sighs. "I'm not a fucking baby.." it sounded as though he was telling himself more than anything.

"All of the mighty take a fall at one point." Tobias speaks and pats the captains shoulder. "You'll be fine, my friend."he continues. "This medicine is much better now weve remedied it. Before it tasted of cow feces."

I laughed.

Shawn huffed, "well I guess wet dirt is better." He mumbled.

I giggled.

"The medicine is only half of the healing. We need to re bind your wound." Tobias speaks and gestures for Shawn to get on the altar pedistool.

Tobias and I both helped shawn careful up. Tobias began to unravel the bandages and I look at shawn sadly as I see bruising and left over paint remnants. I have yet to see the full blown wound and I know it was going to look nasty.

"I will show you how to do this." Tobias tells me and I tremble slightly and nod with wide eyes as Tobias pulls out a sack full of medical supplies.

I furrow my eyebrows and nod. I was scared to see the wound but the captain is okay.. I can learn to help take care of it. Shawn stays seated as Tobias unwraps the binding shawn had on. I whimper as he winces and Tobias helps him turn to back face us so we can see the brunt of the wound. I felt my eyes water seeing it. It was deep stitched up, but purple and black bruising and yellow around the cut. It at least looked clean.. but it was a nasty injury.

"First you want to make sure the area is not infected. You would see green and ooze." Tobias spoke as he poked at the area causing Shawn to curse and I pout as he's hurting.. "clear leaking is normal. It's the body's cleaner. But we are going to douse it in alcohol to keep any bacteria's away." He added and showed me as he poured a small bottle over Shawn's back and he curses again and seethes at the burn.

"Then you place this on top. It is aloe." He continues and smears the clear jelly onto the cut.

I nod and continue to watch. Then I watch as Tobias shows me how to bandage. He wraps it around Shawn's body a few times then up over his shoulder and ties it so it doesn't come undone.

"Not that bad." I smile and Shawn sighs in relief now he's done being touched. I giggled and we helped him stand.

"So. Now that this is over. I need a plan about jones." The captain stated.

"I do not think it is wise at the moment my friend." Tobias tries to say but I end up cutting him off.

"What?! You can't be serious! Shawn. You literally almost died! We're not going anywhere right now until you're healed!" I shout at him how can he be so reckless and ready to go after an undead monster?! He just got stabbed!

Tobias looks between us and steps back. "I'll be.. over there." He chuckles and walks over to a nearby ghoul to tell him something.

Shawn furrows his eyebrows. "He has my sister. Princess. I can't leave her there! Are you fucking serious?! I'm a deadly pirate captain." He yells back.

I pout and glare at him. "You're an idiot. I care about you! You just got badly injured and almost died! You can't be serious! You need to wait until you're healed! You can't go after him like this. I won't let you."