Pirate chapter 13

I was still sniffling as the pirate captain laid me down and gently caressed my now bandaged cheek. I was calming down and he was gently brushing my hair from my face. My wound was cleaned and not really that bad. It's stopped bleeding it's bandaged. Just a small cut.

"I'm sorry, princess.. I knew how she was but I didn't think she'd attack you.. why did she?" The captain asks.

It was then I remember.. "she wanted to get with you. Told me to get out of the room and said royals are.. not good. That I was dumb and you slept with her that's why you didn't take me with you. That you were still just going to sell me out or kill me.." I mumbled. I was so confused and sad.. and my cheek still burned.

"Angel. I didn't do anything with her. I swear to you I only picked her up and brought her here to mend clothing that's it." He stated. "It's cute you're jealous though." He chuckled and tugged me closer as I whined and squirmed. "I'm so sorry you got hurt.. she won't bother again." He laughed darkly.

"Teach me how to fight..." I then mumbled.

The pirate captain snorted. "You dont need to fight."

"Please! Just to defend myself!" I whined and rolled around to face him. I then put on my prettiest pout and look at him. "Please captain?" I whisper in a sweet voice and brush my lips up against his.

He shivered and pecked my lips. "I'll teach you a little. What better teacher than a deadly pirate captain." He grinned.

I giggled and shyly snuggled closer and winced as I rubbed my cheek funny.

"Careful, little one." He whispers. "Sleep. We no longer have to port in the morning because I threw that bitch overboard." He cackled.

I rolled my eyes and I was surprised as another giggle escaped. I should of been horrified but.. she hurt me and that would of been the penalty at the castle too.

"Sleep, sweet princess." Shawn cooes in my ear and I shiver snuggling closer and drifting off to sleep.

A week has passed since the incident with Leda. We haven't stopped anywhere else yet. We sailed farther north so the captain could get the ice he needed for the fish. I mostly stayed in the room because of how cold it was. I wasn't used to that. He did say we'd return south after this. But for now I'm staying in the warmth of the captains room. Well. As warm as it could be. He has yet to teach me how to fight. Something told me he was stalling. We've honestly hadn't had much interaction the last few days. He's been sailing and gathering ice blocks for below. How? I didn't know. He said it was difficult being that they didn't have the correct equipment. He had pick axes and gloves and shovels but that was about it. He's fill an open pallet heaving it up with rope. We were in the shallows so he'd climb off the ship by rope to break the ice below. It seemed hard and I decided to just stay out of the way.

My cheek was healing pretty nicely and was looking more scratch like now than actual open wound. The bruising turning yellow instead of the blue it was.

The sun was out so I ventured out of the room to see where the captain was.

I see the captain struggling with a tangle chain. It was cold. I'm sure his hands were burning. I shivered and walked up. I had a blanket wrapped around me. He didn't acknowledge me but then I noticed.

"Captain. It appears the chain is stuck to the starboard anchor wall."

He looks up at me with shock on his face, "you think you know-" he glances over and then looks back up at me as he stands and gives me an eye. "And how would you know the terminology?" He huffed and walked over to the chain and jerk it off.