Pirate chapter 32

The next morning I woke up and the captain was already up and out of the room. Sometimes I wish I could wake up in his arms.. I know he needs to get things done. I sighed and got up changing my clothes and freshening up. I pulled on my shoes and coat and made my way out of the room to find the captain. The sun was out but it was still bitterly cold.

I walk up to the deck and I see Shawn talking to Shane across from me. I walk up to him and he looks at me.

The captain dismisses shane and moves a finger gesturing me to come to him. Shane walks past me and smiles.

"Goodmorning, miss princess." Shane stated politely as he made his way to tell another crewman something.

I got to Shawn and I look up at him, "morning," I whispered as he wrapped me in a small hug. He pulls back and sighs.

"We're reaching bule tonight." He stated. I could feel the tension.

I look around and notice papa and his ghouls aren't up. I know Tobias helps Shawn keep his head up.

"Where's papa at?" I asked him.

"The sun is out. Their eyes are adjusted to the dark." The captain replied.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly still feeling his offness.

The captain then looks back at me, "I'm okay, love. A little nervous honestly." He stated and tugged me back against him. I blushed and wrapped my arms around his waist hiding my face in his chest.

"It's going to be a long day. I hope you're ready. You know your captain gets busy." He chuckled, "you might not have my full attention."

"As if I need it." I grumbled against him and that got him to laugh and pull back but laced our fingers as we walked.

"I think you do, princess." Shawn chuckled, I glare at him and rolls his eyes. "You're so dramatic."

"You're mean." I huffed but leaned closer to him as we walked the length of the ship. His eyes darting over all of the crew making sure they're working.

The captain finished making his first set of rounds. I stayed by his side just walking with him. Not saying anything just being close to him. The ocean was pretty still today. Little to no turbulence. At least we'd have an easy path there.

After a while of following Shawn around I found myself sitting on the deck. He mumbled something about cleaning the cannons doors to make sure they don't stick. Yes cannon doors he finally fixed it when the last one broke because just putting cloth over the openings wasnt working obviously. So he made some wooden panels that get lifted by a pulley system.. but him cleaning them.. gave me anxiety because that meant he'd be scaling the side of the ship. I didn't want to see that and I wasn't going to stop him from doing the things he needed. Do you think I want to put him in a mood right now? No. So I sat by the wall right by where Shawn slid down on a rope just listening. Shane was near by too so that helped a little. The fact that he's doing this while the ship is moving.. I sighed. I know the captain is doing everything to distract himself right now.

The captain comes back over the railing as Shane helps by tugging the rope. A breath of relief floods through me and I stand up.

"All done with your chores captain?" I giggle trying to make light of the situation.

Shawn rolls his eyes as he looks at me. "I'm surprised you're on deck and not trying to find where Tobias is," he teased back.

"You're rude." I huff and glare at him. I liked the witch doctor yes, but again, my heart is the captains. He needs to stop teasing me. "Do you have a crush on papa, captain?" I respond back and cross my arms. He walks up to me and I squeak as he presses me against the wall of the ship. He doesn't say anything else but he grips my hips and pins me still. He leans down and I blushed closing my eyes expecting a kiss. I feel his lips graze mine and he pulls back smirking causing me to whine. It's one thing to tease me but to not kiss me?