Pirate chapter 31

The ship felt eerily calm. Thanks to Tobias and his ghouls. We left not too long ago. It was now late in the evening. I didn't know if we were stopping anywhere or if Shawn was just going straight to Bule.. I didn't want to think too much about it at least at the moment.

Tobias was standing at the edge of the ship with his arms crossed behind his back, admiring the night time sky. His ghouls were huddled in a circle whispering amongst themselves. The captain is next to Tobias speaking quietly as I walk up. They seemed to be having an intense conversation and I wanted to know what was going on.. it was dark, the stars were scattered across the sky, twinkling.

Shawn turns to me noticing as i walked up, "it's late love. You should go get some rest."

"I can't sleep without you, you know that." I sighed and took the captains hand in mine and resting my head on his arm.

"Hi, papa." I smiled at him.

The skeleton man smiled and nodded at me.

"What were you two talking about?" I ask him making no sign of movement. "Before I came over here.."

The captain sighed. "We're trying to devise a plan." He replied. "You're not going to be involved."

"What?! How am I not involved?" I huff and cross my arms. I kind of needed to know what was going on? Was shawn going into town? Was I to stay on the ship? What if someone came on the ship after me since Davy jones knows shawn has me?

"Why do you want to be??" The captain growled. "I told you this was for your safety." He growls again and he's seconds away from becoming angry..

I look at the Skeleton man next to us, but he holds his hands up in defense. He told me I'd face him.. but...

I then decide to change my course. I turn and wrap my arms around the pirate captains waist. "Thank you for keeping me safe, captain.." I mumbled into his chest and if I saw his reaction I would of laughed.

The captains eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Wow, angel.. not fighting me?" He let's put a 'huh' sound.

You know.. maybe it was the calm charm that Tobias had on the ship causing me to not fight with the captain, or .. maybe I was happy he was trying to keep me safe. Either way the reason I was upset is because I wanted him safe too.

Tobias winks and looks back out on the ocean. "It has been a while since we've traveled." He says. "It is nice."

"For now.. until we meet jones.. I haven't been home in years.." Shawn sighed.

Tobias places a hand on his shoulder. "Everything will go the way it needs to." He speaks.

"So did you train when you were younger? Was there someone before you?" I ask papa curiously. I wanted to know how he became how he is.

"There were many before me. We are usually chosen by 14. But we always know who is to take our place. We all live extremely long amounts of time, but when it's time for us to become astral we can no longer be in physical body form. We will be spirits, and even then I can still guide." Tobias says. "When we become too old." He laughs.

"How old are you, papa?" I asked him giggling and Shawn rolls his eyes.

"I do not speak of age." He chuckled, "besides i have lost count at how many centuries-"

"CENTURIES?!" I gasped

"I joke I joke.. I'm around 500," he says and shrugs.

My jaw opens. "500???" I ask surprised.

"Around there, latter end of it. 700 is when we become astral." He stated. "It is just a spell. We are needed in this realm for a while to help and to guide." He chuckled.