Pirate chapter 11

I was sitting in the captains room alone. He was sailing, and I wanted to rest a little bit. We were expected to get to port by nightfall. I found a book I was reading. It was a ship manual. But being that I had nothing else to read, it would suffice. Plus maybe it would help if I knew where everything on the ship was. I would go look through the books in the captains office, but god forbid I read something I'm not supposed to.

I sighed and finally closed it as I sat up. I stretched my arms back and slid my shoes back on to find the captain. I've been reading for a while, practically finished the book.

I walked out and I see the captain tying fishing nets. I walked over to him and he glances up for a split second before continuing his work. I sighed once again and leaned over on the side of the ship wall. The captain was mumbling to himself but at me. He said since the ship is moving at this speed he'd catch more fish because they'd be caught too fast for them to comprehend they're caught thus making them easier to catch. I don't know, the way shawn worded it was better than how I'm explaining in my head. I was watching as the captain tugged knots. Tight knots. So tight to the point I was questioning why he had cuffed me instead of using rope when he kidnapped me. His shirt was rolled up to above his elbows and the top few buttons were undone. I didn't know how he wasn't cold but... I wasn't about to complain..

The ship suddenly hits a hard break or turbulence and I stumble forward. Shawn quickly stands and catches me seconds before I hit the ground causing me to gasp and look up at him with wide eyes. He smirks and steadies me but keeps his hands on my hips.

"Look at you.. falling for me." The captain winks and lets go of me as my cheeks flame.

"Earlier you said I could go into town with you?" I asked him suddenly remembering he didn't give me an answer about disguise..

"Yes. But you will stay close. And you're still my prisoner." He stated insinuating I'd try to run.. I don't think I would now..

"Yes captain.." I whisper and he looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"Wow.. no fighting?" He smirks and walks forward pinning me back up against the side of the ship. I blushed and looked up at him.

"I want to stay... with you.." I mumbled and looked down.

The pirate captain stiffened. "Why..?" He whisperer.

I look back up at him his face looks almost pained. "I don't know yet.." I replied softly using the words he used earlier.

"You shouldn't want to stay with me." He whispers. "I'm no good." He growled and his eyes became dark. His hands gripped my hips pinning me harder against the ledge. I whimpered and blushed even more. I slowly trailed my fingers up to his biceps shyly resting them there. He leans closer his lips ghosting mine. "I'm no good for you." He stated then pulled back causing me to whine. The captain chuckles and walks back over to his net.

I pout.. my feelings were confusing me and it seemed like he was toying with it.

Soon enough the net was full of fish I was shocked the pirate captains trick actually worked.. he did say he used to do this... he stored it all in a basket and mumbled something about getting ice when we got farther north. The frozen sea water would preserve anything they had left.

"Salt only preserves for so long. We don't want it to go bad." Shawn stated looking at my confused face. And that was the first thing he actually said to me the passed 3 hours while he was fishing, after telling me he's no good. Did he even like me? Why did I care?

I rolled my eyes and moved to walk over to one of the few other crew members. Maybe I'll talk and be a little flirty since shawn wasn't being chatty. Maybe I wanted to see what he'd do.. I walk over to Jacob and smile at him.