Pirate chapter 29

The pirate captain was absolutely unbelievable right now. How could expect me to stay here on the island?! He wasn't taking my feelings into consideration at all. He doesn't want to include me in anything and I refuse to let him do something alone and stupid and get permanently killed. He's all for protecting me and the crew, but what about him? The captain seems to forget he's worth being protected and saved too.. I love him.

"Princess, are you hungry?" Shawn asks me as we make it back onto the ship.

"No." I mumbled. I wasn't. I felt a bit sick.

"I'm assuming you haven't eaten since what happened to me. Eat now. You need to." The captain stated trying to sound stern but I could hear the concern in his voice.

I didn't reply to him.

"Princess." He huffed.

I look up at him sadly. "Do you realize how much stress and anxiety I'm feeling.."

The captain sighs. "I understand that. But also you have to understand that I can't put you in danger. Especially with what happened to me. I can't let you distract-"

I glare at him and step back, "I distract you then? That's it?" I ask angrily and turn to walk off.

"Dammit no! Don't run off from me I don't have the energy to grab you." He shouted then started coughing.. I felt bad and stayed out but my back still facing him.

"That's not what I meant." Shawn grumbled and rubbed his hands down his face.

I turn around still glaring at him. "Yeah well you seem to say stuff all the time that 'you don't mean'" I mumbled and looked down. "Do you even love me?"

"Why would you even say that shit?" The captain growled. "You know what? I'll go fucking sleep somewhere else."

My eyes began to water. "N-no!" I whimper and move to try and hug him then I remember his wound and back off as tears spill over.

"Princess.." Shawn sighs and tugs me toward him gently wrapping his arms around me. I wrap mine around his waist and he winced. I moved to pull back and he held me tighter. "I'm fine, angel. Let's stop fighting please? Besides I'm not going anywhere until my stitches are removed." He stated. Tobias had sewn the laceration together to grow the skin back over. And as soon as that happens he can pull the strings out and the pirate captain will be fine. But that takes about two weeks. At least he was now willing to wait for that to be done rather than up and jumping after jones like this.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled sadly into his chest.

"Don't be sorry, princess. It's okay." He replied and kissed the top of my head. "Now. Come eat." He added and pulled back tapping my nose with his finger tip before sliding his fingers into mine to hold my hand.

"Come, sweetheart." He says softly as we walk into the kitchen.

Shane is in there and he grins seeing the captain up and walking.

"Back from the dead." Shane smirks and holds his hand out for Shawn to shake.

The captain laughs and grabs his hand. "You know the captain of the reaper doesn't go down easily." He smirked.

Shane laughed and shook his head. "I made some fresh soup." He stated.

"Thank you, Shane." Shawn nods dismissing the first mate and we sit together at the small table as he pours us both soup.

"I should be doing this for you." I told him as he hands me the bowl and spoon.

He rolls his eyes and sits down next to me. "I'm not a delicate little princess." He replied and slowly began to eat as well. I blushed and started to sip the soup too.