Pirate chapter 36

A few hours passed and Tobias came back on deck. The clouds cascaded over and the wind was starting to howl. I sat and talked to Helena for a while hearing stories from hers and the captains childhood and sharing my own. She was really nice after you talk to her for a while. Also like the captain. They have a tough persona to break through. She also shared what plays she's preformed and I about jumped out of my skin when she said she played in a show that I had seen a few years ago. It was such a small world.

After a bit I grew restless. Helena excused herself to go nap in one of the empty quarters below. I was standing back by the wall of the ship and the captain walked over to me. "How are you feeling, love?" He asks sweetly and gently places his hands on my waist.

"I'm okay.." I sighed looking up at the sky.

"We're docking soon." Shawn stated. "Would you want to go on land? Not tonight because of the storm approaching. I plan on the morning."

I looked at him, "am I allowed?"

He rolled his eyes, "We're disguising you." He stated with a chuckle. "As always."

Tobias then walked up to us, "land? I will join you." He nods and looks at me. "You are healing very nicely." He winks and I blushed giggling at the captains disgruntled expression.

"You know Tobias, you could find your own princess." The captain stated.

The witch doctor only laughed, "Our servitude does not allow. But we are allowed to mingle." He winks again.

"Mingle my ass." Shawn grumbled. I bursted into giggles causing the captain to glare at me.

Tobias tisked. "Naughty naughty." He stated tapping my nose and turned to look out into the water. "The storm coming will be good. My ghouls are antsy to come up."

Soon enough it's raining and dark. The captain and I were in the room. I was trying not to dry heave as I took medicine Tobias made for me.

"Tastes like shit doesn't it?" The captain teased and I pout looking down.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

Shawn sighed and gently caressed the side of my face. I sighed relaxing into his touch.

"You know. You haven't kissed me yet." I whisper with a giggle looking up at him.

He raised his eyebrow at me. "Oh I have. Was it not all you needed?" He smirks leaning down and I blush. He inches closer and his nose brushes against mine. I squirm.

"W-well only once this morning.." I mumbled, trying not to make eye contact because it was hard for me sometimes. He rests his fingers under my chin and forces me to meet his gaze.

The captain chuckled. "You just woke up this morning, sweetheart. Can't exactly do too much right now. You need to heal." He whispers but presses a soft kiss to my lips anyway. "And I know you'll want more." He growls and kisses me again. I squeaked but reached up to rest my hands on his cheeks. He pulls back and slowly moves to kick his combat boots off. He slipped out of his coat and weapon belt and laid next to me. It was late now and the sway of the ship signified the heavy wind. The storm.

It was a long day and I felt the heaviness behind my eyes become thicker. I nuzzled close to the captain as he wrapped his arms gently around me. I sighed and rested my hand on his chest and tilted my head so my nose brushed against his jaw line.

"I'm.. scared to fall asleep." I mumbled softly. It was true, I've been out for a week apparently and barely woke this morning. It was a little nerve wracking to go under consciousness once again.