Pirate chapter 37

After what seemed like a torturous amount of time, the captain finally allowed me to finish and he cleaned me up and pulled me forward gently to press his lips to mine. I whimpered and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Who do you belong to?" He sighs against my lips. His tone was gravely and nearly surged more need.

"You, captain. Always." I whisper shakily. "Even if you're jealous." I giggled teasing him a bit so I could attempt to calm myself down. Shawn pulled back to glare at me and I only pull him closer. My heart beat calming down. "I love you." I tell him and lean forward to rest my head on his chest.

"I love you, princess. Listen to your captain. Quit flirting with the satanic priest." He teased and I giggled.

"You know I only love you." I smiled and bravely tugged his face to mine to kiss him.

The captain sighed once again and pulled back to stand up. He takes my glass of water and drinks from it swishing it around and cleaning his mouth off making me blush once again.

"So cute." He winks. "How are you feeling.. was I too rough on you?" He whispers. Heat floods my cheeks and I look up at him.

"I'm good.." I mumble shyly.

Shawn looks at me with a raised brow. "Stop being shy." He chuckled. "Your wound, let me clean and rebind it." He says softly. I nodded and carefully laid back down and allowed him to slide my dress up again over my injury.

I squirmed as the captain rebound my injury and sighed in relief as he finished.

"Ready to go back up?" He asks me as he stands up and takes my hand helping me up off the bed. I squeak standing up and he balances me.

"Noodle legs?" He teases and I glare at him.

"You're rude." I grumbled.

He rolled his eyes, "glad to see our relationship is thriving." He chuckled.

When we got back on deck Shane walks up to the captain.

"We're closer to Paris than we initially thought. We should arrive late this evening," he stated and Shawn nodded and dismissed him.

"Since the storm has passed I plan on sailing the night through. Will you be okay to sleep tonight?"  He asks and brushes my hair back from my shoulders with his fingers.

"I suppose." I sighed and ruffled my hair out from my neck. I look up at the captain as he staring down at me. I had so many questions still about everything. The captain eyed me knowing I was lost in thoughts.

"Now that jones is gone... what's going to happen? Isn't he supposed to ferry the souls?" I asked. After all.. he was dead now..

"It's not like he ferried them to begin with.." the captain grumbled. "That's something to ask Tobias.." He responds and looks out to the water. It's sparkling under the sun, which means the witch doctor and the ghouls are below once again. The captain glances at me again. "It's not something you need to worry about, princess." He continued.

I giggled, "you know I'm not a princess anymore right?" I told him.

He rolls his eyes, "you are to me." He says and my cheeks redden.

"So you like me then?" I asked him giggling.

He gives me a look, "oh no not at all I only like you as a friend. Obviously, you know dying for eachother and all that." He teased and I whined.

"You're mean." I grumbled and he laughed.

"That's why you love me," he winked and wrapped his arm around my waist. I smiled up at him.