Pirate chapter 35

There was darkness. My body felt like it was floating. Soaring through ocean waves. Weightless. My ears ringing softly. I felt like I could stretch all of my limbs. I open my eyes and I see floating lights everywhere. Dancing in a small rhythm. Then I hear the shattered voice of my captain.. sobbing. My heart ached. I look around and I see a bright door way opening. I see papa standing there holding a hand out for me.

"Come back this way, princess. Your captain needs you." He stated and I shivered feeling my body float toward the door. I take papas hand and I fall asleep.

I gasped waking up and trying to jerk up off the bed. The captain quickly and gently wrapped his arms around me.. my bandaged torso.

"Relax, love." He whispered and pushed me gently back down onto the bed. I whimpered in pain and squeezed my eyes shut to try to stop the tears as I remembered what happened. I was stabbed...

"I-is is-" I try to start.

"Shhhh." Shawn cooes. "Everything's okay, you need to rest. We're sailing. Jones is dead. You took a hard hit. Tobias fixed you up. He said you'd be sore for a while."

I grimaced as I relaxed back and the slight pain eased. "What.. happened?" I sighed. The captain began brushing my hair back softly from my face.

"Jones is dead. My sister is okay, she's on the ship. We're taking her back to Paris before we bring Tobias home. The crew is safe. We're safe. It's over." He tells me softly, "you, though. Seem to have a knack for not listening to your captains orders." He chuckled low.

I giggled slightly, "I sure helped though, hm?"

The captain rolled his eyes, "yes, love. You saved us all. I would of never thought to rip the chest plate off. Nor did I think that was possible. But I guess I should of assumed because rotten skin peels."

I shivered in the memory and felt vomit try to come up my throat. I swallowed it back down and tried to sit up to reach for the glass of water on the small side table. I remembered how my nails felt digging into the gooey flesh. I paled and shivered.

"D-did I die?" I ask him as he helps me take a sip.  My vague memory.. my head throbbed trying to recall.

Shawn's face darkened, "you did.. Tobias brought you back." What a luck it was to be on the witch doctors good graces..

My eyes widened. "I... I'm sorry." I squeak.

His eyebrows furrow, "you're apologizing for dying?" He kind of laughed incredulously. "You're unbelievable. I almost lost my shit." He chuckled and leaned forward from the chair he was sitting in next to the bed and rested his head on mine. He kissed my forehead. "We're the same now?" I asked gesturing to my stomach which I'm sure a scar is hiding behind the bandages. He nodded and pulled back.

"I need to tell Tobias you're awake." He stated and his tone became captain like. "So he can check your vitals."

"How long was I out?" I asked softly.

"A week." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

I gasped, "A WEEK!?" I squeak and tried to get up. I winced.

Shawn growled and steadied me back down. "Don't over exert yourself." He stated softly, he had concern welling in his eyes.

I blushed and laid back.

"I was so scared I almost lost you. We left Bule a week ago. It took two days to revive you. you've just been sleeping the rest.." He whispered, "I love you." He added and leaned back down and press his lips to my forehead. I shivered.. so I had died.. for real.. then luckily papa was able to revive me. "Never fucking leave me again." He growls and I blushed.