Pirate chapter 26

The next few days of travel were stressful. I was on edge. The pirate captain was silent. I let him be for the most part, and still every night he would come to the room and lay on the bed with me holding me close and sharing sweet kisses. I suppose it was because he still wanted to make me feel comfort. But I was worried. Seeping it. I know he knew that.

We were a day or so away from Tobias's island. The captain already restocked and also bought me a coat finally as the chill of winter spread across the ocean and not just specific parts.

I was currently just sitting in the captains room taking a little rest from the brutal cold outside. It was still chilly in the room but at least there were blankets I could bundle in.

The ship makes a sudden jerk of a hault. I gasped and lurch forward steadying myself on the bed before standing. I hear shouting and yelling and I immediately realize it's fighting. I run out to find my captain. Fear sinks to my stomach as I recognize the other ship and crew attacking shawn and the others.

My brother.

"You think we'd just forget?!" Henry yelled angrily as he attacked the captain. Shawn was holding back that much I could tell obviously. I gasped as Henry drew his sword out and began swinging violently.

"I'm going to kill you!" Henry growled. "The princess is our castle bitch."

"Princess go back to the room!!" Shawn growled seeing I came out with widened eyes.

The captain fought back and suddenly before I could even process what happened one of the other royal gard snuck up behind Shawn and stabbed him with a dagger in his back. Shawn gasped and cursed as his sword flew across the deck. He collapsed to his hands and knees. The captain of the reaper has fallen..

I couldn't process what happened. I screamed horrifed my stomach sank down low and my heart went numb. Shane turns around from who he's fighting with wide eyes.

"CAPTAINS DOWN!!" He yells surging forward and killing the man that stabbed Shawn.

The pirate captain doubled over coughing up blood and I began crying as I run forward. Without thinking... the world spinning in slow motion.. I grab shawns sword quickly as Henry approaches me. I stand up and with angry heartbroken tears, pierce the razor sharp sword through my brothers stomach all the way through and twist, and pull it out.

I was shaking as he coughed fell to the ground bleeding out. My trembling hands dropped the sword and I ran to Shawn's side. I was frantic as Shane helped me lay him on his back. His eyes were glossed over and he was in a pool of blood. But still breathing.. barely. His chest a had a slow hardly noticeable rise and fall. His eyes were rolling back and his eyelids closed. "I-I.. l-lo-" he trails off.

"Shawn!" I cried and placed my hands on the sides of his cheeks trying to get him to focus and hopefully open his eyes. Blood was on his face from him coughing it up before his fall.. "Shawn!" I screamed and wet tears poured from my cheeks down onto his face. The gard bodies we're thrown off the ship, and the reapers cannons blasted the other ship down. No survivors.

Not even the sound of the canons shocked me. Shane leans down and presses his fingers to the side of captains neck.. another painful sob escaped my lips. Shane shushed me and looked at me seriously.

"Calm down, princess. He still has a pulse. You need to listen! Lift his head to your lap!" Shane growled and turned the captain to his side. He jerked off the captains coat, and I cried even more seeing more blood pool behind him. I was hyperventilating.Shane looks at me and grips my shoulder to force me to look at him. "Princess what would captain say? Shut the fuck up and focus." He growled again and i sucked in my trembling bottom lip as Shane ripped down the side of Shawn's shirt and pressed the cloth against the deep wound on his back. Shane may have seemed mean right now but he had to be. This was their captain.