Chapter 74

Please vote, comment, share, and follow.

Third person's POV

"  Then why did tell me there that you were Shlok, not Shaurya,  "  She asked.

" I never said, I was Shaurya, it was you who assumed it."

" Okay, even if I assumed it, why didn't you correct me?? I must have called you Shaurya many times." She asked.

"  I did not correct you as it was convenient in that dangerous situation. Because you would have never followed my instructions as you knew that I never reacted to any of your pranks, just smiled and accepted it, while Shaurya always reacted... So you played most of your pranks on me as I was boring and an easy target. You knew that Shaurya would not care for you and if you didn't follow his instructions there, he might leave you alone there because of the rivalry between the two of you. I knew you would question him too much knowing that he would react immediately and would not bother about you. "  He explained.

But Gauravi's gaze remains clouded with doubt, her mind torn between the memories of their past and the stark reality of the present. As she stands before him, her resolve wavering beneath the weight of uncertainty.
Shlok's heart ached with a desperate longing to bridge the chasm that separates them.

"I know I have caused you pain," he continues, his voice thick with emotion. "But please, Gauravi, trust me, I did what I thought was right at that time, and tried to tell you later but you did not trust me. " He said.

" No!! You are making up all this... Making a fool of me, taking advantage of having an identical twin. Why have you come today to claim your love now, why did you deny everything at that time? Why didn't you come to accept this and claim me in the days between?? "

" Honey... Trust me, I  am not making any stories. You met me, Shlok, in the jungle, and assumed that I was Shaurya... I explained my reason for not clearing up your misunderstanding there. "  He was explaining calmly.

" I don't believe you. " She shook her head and said.

" I can prove everything, ask me anything that happened there. "  He challenged her.

" Shaurya could have told you everything. To make your fake story sound real..."  She argued.

" Even the most private moments we shared?? What do you take me for?? Ask me any small details... "  He argued.

" I don't know... Where were you till now?? "

" After sending you here I did complain about the smugglers and told them about the treasure. But I was stuck there. Shaurya didn't know anything about it that's why he denied everything. But I have come back to claim my love now. I cannot bear to see you marry another man, to live a life that is not meant for you. Our love is stronger than any misunderstanding, or any obstacle that stands in our way. I love you with everything in me, and I can't let you marry him when you belong to me. "  He declared his love, his words carrying the weight of a thousand roses in bloom.

But even as his words hang in the air, the distant strains of wedding music echoing through the halls, Gauravi remains rooted to the spot, her eyes betraying a flicker of defiance amidst the turmoil of her emotions.

" Come with me! "  He held out his hand to her but she didn't take it.

"I cannot," she whispers, her voice barely more than a breathless sigh. " I cannot trust you again, not after what has transpired between us. And even if for a minute I do believe you, I cannot bear to humiliate my family,  and upon all those who have gathered here today. I can't betray Mihir again. " She said.