Chapter 53

Shlok's POV

I ventured towards the river for a morning bath, but couldn't help carrying her image with me, etched into my mind like a masterpiece painted upon the canvas of my soul.

Stepping towards the nearby river, its surface shimmered like liquid silver in the early light. The water flowed gracefully over smooth stones, its tranquil murmur a soothing melody to my ears. I watched as delicate ripples danced across the surface, kissed by the gentle breeze that swept through the canopy above.

As I knelt by the water's edge, I caught a glimpse of my reflection, distorted by the playful movements of the current. My disheveled hair framed my face, tousled by the night's restless slumber.

She looked so pretty even while sleeping, so I must also make myself presentable again. As I didn't have any spare pair of clothes, I thought of taking skinny dipping as it is daddy's princess was lost in her fairyland.

As I submerged myself in the cool waters, I whispered a silent prayer of gratitude to God that I managed to get her out of danger. Then I thanked for the food, and other supplies and for the beauty that surrounded me, both in the natural world and in the sleeping beauty that was sleeping beside me a few moments ago.

With a silent promise to return, I shed my clothes and stepped into the gentle current, feeling its refreshing embrace envelop me like a lover's embrace. The water was crystal clear, revealing the smooth stones beneath my feet as I waded deeper into its depths.

With each stroke, I felt the weight of the world slipping away, replaced by a sense of freedom and renewal. The cool water embraced me like a second skin, cleansing away the remnants of the night and rejuvenating my spirit with each passing moment. As I swam, I couldn't help but marvel at the beauty that surrounded me, grateful for the gift of this new day in paradise.

As the sun climbed higher in the sky, casting its golden light upon the jungle below, I emerged from the river, feeling alive and invigorated, I wore my jeans again and I went back to the plane.

I saw her standing there and as she heard me coming she turned to look at me. She looked beautiful without a trace of makeup. Her hair was a bit tangled and I craved to run my fingers to untangle it.

Shit!! Why was I thinking that??

Oh, God!! Why was I feeling like that for her of all the girls?? She was engaged to Mihir... lucky man!!

I had never felt like that in my life around anyone and I felt a bit of envy towards Mihir. He was going to have her in his life, his home, his...

No!!

They are engaged, Shlok!

But are not married yet.

Why was I even thinking about it??

No, I could not feel this way for her..it was not right. It was... not right. I closed my eyes, took a few deep breaths, and opened my eyes.

I went near her and saw that she looked flushed. 

" What is the matter? " I asked her looking closely. Hesitantly she told me that she had a stiff neck.

Of course, Daddy's princess was not cut to survive in a jungle. She was pampered with the softest bed and fluffiest pillow in the world.

" Wait, I will loosen it for you. " I said and went to stand behind her, but before I could touch her she shrank away.

" No, I will be fine in some time. "  She said.

Somehow I didn't like to see her in pain so I insisted but I didn't want her to think that I was turning soft on her or she would have started throwing her tantrums being used to it.