Chapter 22

Gauravi's POV

I came back to the room on my slightly unsteady legs and threw myself on the bed as I was dead tired and kept staring at the opposite wall.

Did all those things really happen an hour ago?? Did he really save me??

Yes!!! I should be grateful to him but the way he was behaving was making it difficult for me to be grateful to him.

I took a quick shower, changed into fresh clothes, and packed my bags. I was ready, but could not simply leave after what I saw in the jungle.

Why was he telling me, not to do anything? Did he really understand the gravity of the situation or had he simply seen me leaving the hotel, followed me there, and was playing a game at my expense to amuse himself??

He was Shaurya... Anything was possible with him.

Anyway, I was not going to leave the matter like this... For god's sake, I am a responsible citizen of my country and it is my duty to stop if I see any illegal activities.

Yes, I have to do something. I went out taking precautions so that he wouldn't see me going out or he would keep shouting at me.

I looked for Arun and told him everything. He was shocked and then became very angry all of a sudden why did I go there alone?? He scolded me saying that I was his responsibility till the trip was over, so why did I do something that he had told me not to do as the instructions were for our own security?

Then he calmed down and asked me if I was alright. I nodded.

" Does anyone else know about it?? " He asked.

" Yes, Sh... Mr Abhinav Sharma came to know about it but he dragged me back here like a coward. He should have informed the police. So I am telling you now. We must inform them." I said.

" Yes, of course, but since you are my responsibility, I don't want you to get involved in all this, moreover, if you go to the police, then they will force you to stay here and be their witness. You would have to stay here in the state. Trust me, it will be a lot of trouble for someone who lives in Delhi. I am a local and can face all this easily. So you go to your room and stay there while I inform the police. " He said and I was impressed with his wisdom.

It was the right decision to inform him about what I saw. Feeling calmed down, I came back to my room and as soon as I entered my room, I felt that someone was there. I was about to shriek but it was smothered by a hand on my mouth.

Oh, I knew that strong hand by now. I raised my hand assuring him that I would not shout. He loosened his grip.

" What are you doing here? How did you get in? " I asked.

" Where have you been?" He asked rudely.

" Nowhere, I just went to get a cup of coffee. " I lied.

" Why didn't you order at the room service? " He asked with a raised eyebrow.

" What is your problem? " I asked.

" Gauravi, tell me!! Don't play games." He said.

' I am not playing... " I shook my head.