Chapter 49

Shlok's POV

God!! Please help me with her. Put some sense into her. I thought that she was going away but she stopped and was still looking at me.

What was wrong with her??

" What? " I asked.

" I am a bit hungry. Will you come to eat something with me?? " She asked.

What??

" We just had dinner, what were you doing at that time?? Thinking of your precious fiancee or busy appreciating Arun?? " I asked her with annoyance as I wanted her to go to the safety of her room. But the stubborn girl asked again and when I refused again, she made a face and went back to her room. Thank God!!

I made sure that she was in the room and then I went to the jungle that was behind the hotel and saw Arun talking to some armed men.

He was telling them, how a very rich and beautiful girl was about to fall into their trap. She wanted the statues and first they could sell some statues to her and get the money and then kidnap her to extract some money from her rich parents and then sell her as she is very pretty and hot and could fetch them a very good price in exchange for her.

My blood started boiling hearing him say that. I wanted to kill all of them right away, especially, that rascal then and there but I was on an important mission and I could not jeopardize the whole efforts done till now and the mission.

But I was raging like a bull. How could I let him hurt Gauravi, she was...

She was.... what, Shlok?? My inner voice said.

Hunh??

Who is she to you??? It asked again.

She was the daughter of my dad's best friend, what else??

Are you sure?

Of course!

Oh... Ok!! I asked as you looked very disturbed all of a sudden... It said.

Of course! I was disturbed... She is... A part of a family friends group.

Ok, if you say so...

Funny!!

So I made sure to keep her away from him.

*****

The next morning, after breakfast, some of the members wanted to do some shopping so Arun said that he could spare 3 hours and we would have lunch after 3 hours and then leave for the next destination.

I was thinking of going back to the jungle during that time but was shocked to see Arun going toward her. He asked her to come out with her if she didn't have anything better to do.

" Well... I have no... "  She was saying but I could not let her go with him. So I barged into their discussion.

" Sorry, but she is coming with me for shopping. " I said.

She was surprised to hear that and was about to deny that but before she could say anything I managed to get her away from him.

As soon as we came away from Arun, she got annoyed and asked me to leave her alone and told me not to worry that she would tell him about me.

Oh, God!! Why did you make her so beautiful yet so stubborn and dimwit?  I told her that I was worried about her safety instead.

" Save me?? From Arun? Oh, please he is a gentleman. I should stay away from you to be safe. "