Chapter 52

Shlok's POV

We managed to reach the airstrip without being noticed, slipping into one of the small planes without drawing attention. Her expression shifted to shock when I announced that I would be the one flying.

"Can you even fly?" she asked, her voice laced with disbelief.

"I can. I've taken a crash course..." I replied casually, enjoying her reaction.

"Really... Thank God!" She let out a sigh of relief, though I couldn't resist teasing her further.

"Though I never finished it..." I grinned mischievously, watching her reaction closely.

Her shock was evident, and I sensed she might faint. It was satisfying to see her taken aback for once.

It was my territory and I was comfortable here due to my training but she was totally lost here. So, it felt fair enough to tease her, considering she'd teased me endlessly in the past.

"Just kidding! I know how to fly it. Don't worry," I reassured her, trying to ease her nerves.

"Let's go!" Despite her lingering fear, she didn't protest further.

As I took off, she managed to calm her breathing, the tension slowly dissipating. I glanced back at her.

As we soared into the sky, her initial fear subsided, replaced by awe at the landscape below.

"Are you alright now?" I asked, concerned for her well-being.

"Yes! You really managed to fly it," she exclaimed, her excitement palpable. She hugged me from behind, catching me off guard for a moment. I froze for a few seconds and turned to look at her.

She looked beautiful with that excitement on her face and she was so close to me, I could not control myself and touched her lips again, I knew that I shocked her and that excited me, but I needed to get back to flying, so I broke the kiss and I don't know why but I was really feeling very excited that I managed to get her out of there unscratched and she hugged me... I don't know why I was feeling out of control. I winked at her and looked ahead again.

But why did I wink at her??

Maybe because I shocked her that I could fly a plane... Yes, that could be the only reason but my reaction was definitely weird. What was happening to me??

As we conversed, I realized it was the first time we were speaking on equal terms. When she questioned my use of a fake name, I responded curtly, unable to reveal the truth.

Suddenly, the plane lurched, alarms blaring as smoke filled the cockpit. Panic set in as I struggled to regain control, determined to land safely.

I could not let us die like this and I concentrated and used every little thing I had learned under training and was trying my level best with the controls, fighting for our lives.

Finally, after a series of misfortunes and a lot of struggle, and with a final jerk, I managed to get it on land safely though the plane was damaged.

We needed to evacuate quickly to avoid any potential fires.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked, checking on her condition as she took deep breaths, visibly shaken.

"Yeah, I think so..." She seemed too shocked to move, so I helped her out of the plane.

Then holding her in my arms I jumped and once my feet touched the ground I let her soft body slide against my hard one and I felt the connection so delicious... Out of the world.

I had never felt that way in my entire life...

She landed on the ground but kept standing there in my arms. She looked so scared and on the verge of crying. But I released her and rushed us away from the plane, holding her hand because if there was any fuel left in the plane, it could catch fire.