Chapter 38

Gauravi's POV

" Well, if this ghost is a girl, I will use my charm on it. According to girls I am extremely handsome. So I can handle her. And if it is a male ghost, you can try your charm... Though you are not that bad, it is difficult in your case. Well, we won't have any other options. Try being nice to him, at least, and who knows, he might let us share the house with him. Or if he doesn't get impressed by your charm... which is quite possible, as the charm is actually lacking in your personality, you can even try saying that he resembles your brother, he might get emotional and tolerate you. Don't irritate the ghost, like you do with everyone around you. Wait.... On second thoughts, do irritate him a lot, and he won't bother us once he gets to know how irritating you are. " He said with a serious expression.

" Are you making fun of me?? " I asked.

" No, not at all!! I know how capable you are... You can even drive a ghost crazy if you want to... Actually, you should try irritating him... this would come easily to you, as it is your second nature. " He said with a smile.

" Stop it!! You are irritating me at the moment. " I rolled my eyes.

" Wow!! Another feather on my cap!! I can irritate the most irritating girl in the world!! " he retorted with his eyes shining with mischief.

" Shut up!! As if you are most charming... I am not charmed by you. "

" Then probably you are not normal, by the way, how did you get charmed by Mihir?? I mean is it because he doesn't have a problem being irritated by you?? Or is it because he follows like a clueless puppy?? Or maybe because he is filthy rich and he has been crazy about you since childhood?? " He asked.

" He is madly in love with me, there must be something good about me but one needs good sensitivity to see the good things in others, a Casanova like you, who can't think of girls for more than just a beautiful face or a sexy body, can't see my qualities. " I said and then realized that I had already entered the house while arguing with him.

Shit!!

I started shivering and could not take another step. I shrank into him.

" Gauravi, calm down!! There is no ghost. I assure you. It must have been used by some forest guard or it must be a safe house. Or at the most, it is being used by someone who loves to spend some time in the jungle occasionally. It is safe. " He said placing an arm around my shoulder.

" Be near me... Don't leave me alone. " I said clutching his T-shirt, shivering like hell.

" Oh, come on!! You are a doctor!! How can you be so scared of ghosts? There are no ghosts. I assure you. Now please stop it and look around. " He said.

It was barely furnished with the bare minimum furniture, it suggested that maybe someone used it very rarely or occasionally.

There were two chairs, a table, two armchairs, and a large wrought iron bed. An old-fashioned wood-burning stove and some basic utensils were also there.

It felt like a luxurious hotel after spending 4 nights in the open in the jungle.

But it had that smell of not being used for long, I sneezed and he said, "I will air it in the sunlight. They will get refreshed. At least, tonight you get to sleep in bed. " He said.

"Yes!!! Thanks!! My back has started to hurt. " I said. He nodded.

He opened the back door and I gasped, a small stream flowed swiftly there. That was the perfect place to bathe later on and wash my dirty clothes. But the water was so clear and fresh that I was tempted to jump in and take a proper bath again.