Chapter 61

Gauravi's POV

I clung to him, my hands trembling as I buried my face in his chest. My voice choked with emotion. "What...what just happened here? How did you...?" I was shivering so much that I could not even finish my sentence.

He wrapped his arms around me, holding me close, "It's alright, Honey," he murmured, his voice barely audible above the crackling of the flames. "Everything's going to be alright. You're safe now, I promise. It has gone!! Will not come back." He said and I burst into tears.

As he drew me more into his arms, enveloping me in a cocoon of warmth and safety, I felt a flicker of hope ignite within me, banishing the darkness that had threatened to engulf me.

" Calm down, Honey!! " He said caressing my head.

" I told you....  the..there can be... a ghost here,"  I said while my body was still shivering.

" Oh, honey!! I am sorry... But it could be anywhere... In the jungle. " He argued.

" Were you not scared of it?? "  I removed my head from his chest and asked looking at him. He kept looking into my eyes for a few seconds.

" No! " He finally replied.

" How? I was shivering like hell. " I asked.

" Because I am used to handling you now. He was easier to handle. Less scary and less stubborn..." He started talking seriously but ended his sentence with a teasing smile.

" Shut up, please!! "  I said pushing him away, he smiled.

" Okay!! Now have your mango, or I will call him back. "  He said as if I was a five-year-old and he was my dad. Who was trying to scare me... But the problem was that I was scared.

" You are kidding, right??  " I looked at his face and he smiled.

" I have no intention of calling it... But if you don't follow my instructions, I will call him."  He said.

" Fine!! But we are leaving this place right now. "  I said.

" No!! I have secured the house with sacred chants he can't enter here now. But can catch hold of us if we leave. "  He said.

Really??

But he didn't believe in them... He was saying that there are no ghosts.

" See, I told you that ghosts are there. You said that there was no such thing." I said.

" Hmmm! "

" Hmmm?? Say that, I was right you were wrong. "

" I was right you were wrong. " He repeated.

" Ughhh! Say that you were wrong, I was right.

" Okay!! You were wrong, I was right. " He said and I glared at him.

" You are so mean... I hate you. " I made a face. He burst out laughing and I joined him.

" Oh, honey you are so cute... I never thought that you could be so cute. " He smiled looking into my eyes.

Awww... Please don't say things.

Even I didn't think you could be so sweet and nice.

But just then there was a shrill sound and the fear returned.

" But we can't stay here forever. " I argued.

" We will go the day after tomorrow as we decide. Now have your fruit " I ignored the plate he was holding.