Chapter 67

Gaurvi's POV.    

We reached the house and I was feeling good that he accepted that he was falling for me as well.

I asked him to take a rest while I made dinner. He argued a bit and then gave in and turned to go and I gasped. He had some fresh wounds on his back.

What the hell happened to him??

" Wait!!! What happened to you?? '

" What do you mean?? "

" You have fresh wounds on your back and the ones you got last night are also looking worse. " I asked.

" You must be mistaken... "

" Do you think, I am a fool?? I am a doctor and I know when I see a fresh wound especially if I had treated all your wounds Last night. So tell me. " I said and he took a few deep breaths.

" I slipped from the bank of the river  and fell on some pointed stone... "

" Pointed stone in stream?? Seriously? Tell me the truth. "

" It is the truth... But it is up to you if you want to trust me or not. "  He said.

I knew that he was lying but I didn't want to argue with him. So I went after him and after cleaning the wounds, I applied ointments and bandages. He kept looking at me but I didn't look at him as I was annoyed that he was not telling me the truth.

" Honey, I am fine!! Trust me. "

" Don't call me Honey... "

" But you are so sweet... What do I call you if you don't like me to call you honey?? Sugar?? Jaggery?? " He asked a made a funny face.

" It is not funny!!! Why do I feel that you are like a riddle?? I feel that you are hiding things from me. "  I replied.

" Okay!! I am hiding a few things... But trust me... You would not like to know them. I don't want you to take stress when I can handle them. Trust me my jaggery, I can handle anything... Smugglers, goons, a wild bear, or even a ghost. " He said and winked at me while  I was still treating him.

" Don't call me jaggery!! "

" Then how about a mango?? You fit your description of a mango. And I want to drown in you." he said.

" Ewww... Go and rest "  I said with my face absolutely red.

" I swear, you look very tempting when you blush and I want to eat you... you turn red and look like a tomato, strawberry, or red apple when you blush.. so if you want I can call you anything out of these when you blush. "
" My dad calls my mom as a Tomato. So he calls me and Tami as baby tomatoes. And don't even talk about Apple... Apple is banned in our home...  Dad would rather die than let Mom have an apple. "  I smiled thinking of my crazy dad.

" What? Why??" He asked.

" That is a long story... Will tell you some other time. You take some rest while I cook food for us. "

I cooked the food and made aamras along with daal and rice. There was a rasam masala in the spices, so I added it to the daal to add a twist to it.

Once the food was ready, I set up the table for us. I added some wildflowers to a mug. I don't know why but I wanted to dress up and get ready...

But since the only dress I had was still wet, just then I recalled the dresses in the secret closet.

Though I had never worn a dress that didn't belong to me, I was really tempted to wear something else as I was sick of wearing the same set of clothes in the last week. And since he said that he was also falling for me, I really wanted to look good. So I went to get ready.

I went to the stream, washed my face, and patted it dry. Then I rushed to get my bag as it contained one of my favorite lip colors, I looked into the small mirror in my compact box. and swiftly outlined my full lips. Rubbing them together and finally blotting the extra color on a piece of tissue from the bag.

Since I came to the jungle, I kept it caged up with pins for coolness, it was a mess, half up, half whispering around my face. I took out the comb and ran it through my long thick hair. Once it was untangled, I tucked the loose strands behind my ear and then looked down at myself. The same pair of dress .. then looked at the closet thinking if I should... Or not.

Finally, I came into the temptation and took out the dress from the secret closet again. I removed the tissues and unfolded the dress.

Though It seemed to be the right size, I didn't know if it was going to fit me.

With trembling hands, I pulled off my trousers and t-shirt over my head and wore the dress.

It drifted down my body like cool water I smoothed the skirt and settled the low-cut bodice. It was my size and I was feeling like a girl again wearing a nice dress, I was sure it looked good on me. I went out to the kitchen and saw that he was near the stove. 

He turned to look at me when he heard me coming, I saw his eyes widen slightly, and his gaze went to my hair then down over my neck and shoulders taking in the fullness of my bust and then the narrow waist. His expression changed all of a sudden.

" Where the hell did you get this?" He spoke at last, but there was a faint thread of tension in his voice.

" In a closet in the bedroom, it's a bit hidden there. I found it by chance and opened it. There are many other clothes including a man's suit. "

" I didn't realize we were going to dress up for dinner. " He said and placed a bottle of old white wine on the table.

" Where did you get it from? " I asked.

" Well, you are not the only one to have done some exploring." He said with a smile.

He held my hand delicately and raised my fingers to his lips, he kissed the back of my hand lightly and pulled a chair for me, I took the chair as my legs were trembling under me.

Though I had never drunk any wine or any hard drinks, I tried to have a bit of the wine as I was feeling very nervous.

He served the food made by me and when he saw aamras, he smiled at me and shook his head with a smile.

We started having our food, he asked me If I wanted some wine but I told him that I didn't like it.

He praised the food I had prepared and enjoyed it like last night and I asked him to take aamras as well and he tried some. Nodding his head he said it was good.

" By the way, you should not have worn this dress."  He said.

" I know...but I was sick of wearing the same dresses again and again. So I thought of wearing it for a few hours to break the monotony. "

" But what if the clothes belong to the ghost and his beloved? He will never let you go from here if he sees you in this dress.  "  He said.

My eyes widened and I almost started shivering. He burst out laughing and shook his head.

" I will kill it again if it comes near you. Don't worry. "  He said. 

"  No!! You are right, I should not have worn it... "

" Don't get me wrong, Gaurvi. I said so because you look absolutely gorgeous. Are you trying to get me off to lose my self-control?? " He asked, his gaze was fixed on the tiny pulse at the base of my throat.

🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰❤️🥰🥰🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Good morning friends 🌞

Here is my today's chapter, I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take care and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi. ❤️❤️🥰