Chapter 5

Gauravi's POV

" What happened?? Is he not picking up your call?? Or is his phone busy? " Siddh asked with sarcasm.

" His phone is not reachable. I have been trying to call him for a few days." I said.

"  I am sure, he is involved with many such girls and hence he is not picking up your calls. I think you should forget about him, he is not reliable or dependable. I am not comfortable with the fact that you are even thinking of him. Let's go and meet Shahs, we can say that it was just a prank. They know that I am a big prankster and you are very much like me. They might forgive you, Mihir loves you so much that he would be very happy to have you back in his life. I must say, that Mihir is a very nice boy, and I was excited to have him as my son-in-law. " Dad said firmly.

" No, Dad... Please try to understand, it is not possible. " I said. 

" Why is it not possible? I will make it possible for you. You deserve Mihir, not Shaurya. " Dad argued.

" No Dad!! I don't want to get married to Mihir when I feel this way for Shaurya. " but I was adamant.

" I am so sick and tired of hearing his name. Enough is enough, I have always given you everything you asked for. But I can't spoil your life by agreeing with you on this matter. You are coming with me to the Shah house. "

" No!! It will spoil many lives, Dad. "  I said.

How do I explain my reasons?? But I have to tell at least one of them...

" What? Why?? What is so good about him that you are ready to leave Mihir for him? "  Dad asked, he was absolutely impressed with Mihir and his dedication.

" I can't forget him and marry Mihir because... I am pregnant with Shaurya's child. "  I said and it seemed that everything else just stopped.

There was a pin-drop silence, I could hear my heartbeat and even the ticking sound of the huge ancient wall clock.

" WHAT??? " Mom and Dad said, looking absolutely shocked.

" What. Did. You. Just. Say?? "  Siddh asked with difficulty as if he had to mince every word before saying it. His face had turned red with rage.

I didn't say anything as I knew how he would react.

Before anyone could say anything, Siddh got up all of a sudden, and the chair he was sitting on just a few seconds ago fell backward.

" Gauravi??? What did you just say? " He asked again. But I knew he was very angry.

" You heard what I said. " I said in a low voice.

He punched at the table and everything on the table almost jumped as if even they were scared.

" I will kill that bas... " Siddh was saying when Chachu rushed and caught his hand.

"  Stop right here! You are not going anywhere and mind your language. " Chachu yelled at him. But he was panting by now and glaring at me. My loving and protective brother was looking scary at the moment.

" Do you know what you are saying? How can you say that?" Chachi said.

" I know, chachi, I am a doctor as well. "

" Then you should have known the consequences of... how could you be so careless? What happened to all the values we taught you? You were already  engaged to Mihir, how could you cheat on him." Mom asked.

" Maurvi, I think, she is just lying to stop Gautam Bhai from putting pressure on her, she is a smart girl, can't be stupid enough to be in such a situation. " Chachi said and Chachu nodded.