Chapter 70

Happy Holi to all of you. 🎉🎉

Important:
I am posting this chapter for all those who are regularly voting and commenting as I didn't want to disappoint my readers on a festival.

But please vote and comment on the chapter. As that's what matters the most to me. It hurts me when even after getting 700+ reads I don't even get 250 votes.

So if I don't get 240 votes now I will not post the next chapter till the target is reached. If the target is reached before 4 PM in the evening,  I will post next chapter as well on the same day.

So if you want to read next chapter I should get at least 240 votes, 5 follows. You can do it.

Or else I will finish this book somehow but might not publish the next book on here. What is the use of publishing here if I don't get a response from my readers.

Please comment on the chapter.

Gaurvi's POV

I stood dazed there by the speed and force of the rain. Suddenly he looked at me and caught my arm and shook it. 

" For god's sake, don't stand here admiring the scenery. We need to move. " He said and pulled me up towards the hillside.

" How far is it now?? "

" If you don't waste time looking around, we can reach the border by evening. It is a shortcut, though it is a difficult path. " He said.

" Really?? We are so close to it?? " I asked.

" I told you I will get you out of here. " He said with a smile. But I was shocked when I realized that I could not smile back at him. I was feeling some kind of a sinking feeling in me.

I didn't want those few hours to pass. I didn't want to reach the border... Just wanted to stay here with him, maybe in that haunted house.

What the hell??

Just then we heard a rumble from the hilltop above. He froze and looked shocked. Before I could ask anything, I saw the landslide, and many rocks were falling from the hill. I froze with fear and kept looking at the rocks rolling down and destroying whatever came in their way, tall trees disappearing, snapping off like twigs.

He looked up for a few seconds and the very next moment he took a diagonal jump off the track seizing my waist. He began dragging me bodily across the hilltop. I was scared to death about what would happen next and what would happen if we lost balance. But still clasping me to him, he fought his way to a massive tree bracing one arm to the trunk,  and clamped me with the other hand to him, shielding me with his body.

I could see how he was breathless by now and his chest was heaving but he was fighting for our lives once again.

When we thought that maybe we would survive, there was another slide Just then he gasped and said, " Oh, that looks like a cave... " He pointed towards a black cleft to our left side.

The roar got louder like an earthquake., he hauled me to the open ground, and it was shaking under our feet.

A new landslide burst into sight, as soon as we reached the cave. We turned to see that the tree that helped us to sway, the one we were holding just a few minutes ago was broken like a twig.

I was so shocked to see everything around us my heart almost came to my mouth and I was on the verge of crying. We were stuck there.

" Oh, honey!! Don't look there. Look at me. We are safe... Still alive. Don't worry, I will get you out of it once all this stops. " He said with a smile and when I still could not return the smile he pulled me against him, and we stared at each other's mud-streaked faces.